Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Political Gauntlets Thrown Down?

I generally try to take stands based on fact, not puffing self-righteous outrage. It's why I win, not so hard an equation.

Take stem cell research, for example. Adult stem cell research has paid off in treatment after treatment, real results. Yet there has not been one cure made from embryonic stem cell research, none. It's all hot air from Democrats lying to sick people. How can I prove this? With fact, not emotion. And facts are how I win:

Using The Body's Own Stem Cells To Grow New Arteries

Nov. 12 - Blocked arteries are dangerous wherever they occur and if you get a blockage in your legs, the can cause such excruciating pain walking can be difficult.

Now there's a new treatment that allows patients to grow new healthy blood vessels to improve circulation.

What's hard work for most of us is the good life for Tom Reynolds. Life on the farm became difficult last year.

Tom Reynolds, 77-Years-Old: "I would have a shooting pain that would hit me in, right in my buttocks."

Tom had peripheral vascular disease, where the arteries supplying blood to his legs became blocked. Left untreated, gangrene can occur.

Dr. Arshed Quyyumi, Cardiologist: "It can be pretty devastating. The options are very limited often. This is how amputations occur."

Doctors told tom there was nothing they could do for him, and he had visions of life in a wheelchair.

Tom Reynolds, 77-Years-Old: "It's the most depressing thing you can ever experience."

But then Tom found out about a study on a new option -- a growth factor called GMCSF. When injected into patients, it stimulates bone marrow to release stem cells -- helping the body form new arteries.

Dr. Arshed Quyyumi, Cardiologist: "The implications, I think, are very exciting because one way we think that cardiovascular disease progression can be impeded and even reversed is by improving your blood vessel function."

That means fewer heart attacks, strokes, and amputations.

Tom Reynolds, 77-Years-Old: "It's just like an additional life, really."

Tom's enjoying his time on the farm with his son Tim and has replaced his visions of wheelchairs with a new scene.

Study results showed patients' blood vessel function improved by up to 60 percent. They were also able to exercise longer without pain. Larger studies are needed before this treatment would become widely used.

Doctors say this concept could potentially be applied for blocked arteries carrying blood to both the heart and the brain.

Copyright ©2006 ABC Inc., KGO-TV San Francisco.
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=edell&id=4754901

eloisel said:
I think Ogami could wipe the floor with you in an actual debate, Messy.
First we'd have to understand if that's what you really think, if you claim that because of this 'war' you have in your head and have spammed the board up with it.

I bet you couldn't even make it 10 posts in before you'd devolve into personal attacks, the whole time outright denying any proof that does not support your angry 19-year-old self-righteous indignant theories.
How much you want to bet?

That's rich, el - you talk about how nasty personal attacks are, and then devolve into one right there. I know you're one who dismissed what I presented about Saddam with 'this is the stupidest thing you've ever posted.'

If you are all so sure that Ogami could 'wipe the floor' with me, then wouldn't it be more constructive, and amusing for you, if instead of trying to dogpile and goad me into this you could be encouraging him to accept the civil debate I have proposed and which he as attempted to squirm out of all this time?

Ogami said:
I generally try to take stands based on fact, not puffing self-righteous outrage.
You're a liar as well as a terrible debater. 90% of what is present in your posts is nothing but red herrings and ad hominums.

Does anyone else see the irony of these folks jerking Ogami off and exclaiming that I can't debate, in the very thread I created calling for an ordered debate with him on a topic of his choosing?

It's why I win, not so hard an equation.
You don't 'win' anything.

Take stem cell research, for example. Adult stem cell research has paid off in treatment after treatment, real results. Yet there has not been one cure made from embryonic stem cell research, none. It's all hot air from Democrats lying to sick people. How can I prove this? With fact, not emotion. And facts are how I win:

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=edell&id=4754901
Great.

Ogami said:
I generally try to take stands based on fact, not puffing self-righteous outrage. It's why I win, not so hard an equation.

Let me know when this actually starts. I'd be interested in reading it.

Seems you'd be more suited to that task bad dog. Flat feet are no longer a reason to deny military service. So you must be an out in the open homosexual.

Messenger wrote:

You're a liar as well as a terrible debater. 90% of what is present in your posts is nothing but red herrings and ad hominums.

Messenger is a master debator and a wonderful human being. He and Sarek are world-class authorities on foreign policy, social issues, and domestic politics.

-Ogami

I don't think you understand - You can't try to debate people and the claim it was trolling when you flop and expect to not look a bit silly.

The longer this challenge goes unanswered one way or the other, the more foolish you appear here, Ogami.