Possible solution to the problem that is Abrams' STAR TREK for fans who don't like it

Aquehonga

Un Banned
Besides simply ignoring nuTrek & pretending it never existed.

Whether this is a cop-out or not is irrelevant.

Solution:

Abrams' STAR TREK was a Talosian telepathically manufactured false reality & illusion for the immobile Captain Christopher Pike.

And Old Spock can still be the REAL Spock.

Spock`s ship got damaged, lost & unfortunately, & unbeknownst to him, wound up back on Talos IV.

So, in ST's real world, Nero never existed, & Romulus was never destroyed accidentally.

All false events, an unreality, manufactured by the Talosian's hyperpowerful telepathic minds.

Wheelchair bound immobile Pike still alive in the Picard/Sisko/Janeway Era?

Possible. Probable if received proper health care & nutrition.

This is my gift to fans who disliked &/or are on the fence about Trek 2.0.

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
Wow, thanks!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I liked the part where Scotty asked for a towel.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
After reading this thread I feel like I can finally take that brave step and put the razor blade down and stop cutting myself.

Dirk Funk

Evil Penguin
I'm going to copy and paste the response I gave to the same question you posed over at my board:

I actually think that would be the most disappointing of all scenarios. I like the Abrams version of Trek. Making it "all a dream" ala "Newhart" would be unforgivable, IMHO.

Aquehonga

Un Banned
After reading this thread I feel like I can finally take that brave step and put the razor blade down and stop cutting myself.

2nd Trekanado I've helped today.

1st life I've saved on TK.

I'm a real hero.

I'm going to copy and paste the response I gave to the same question you posed over at my board:

I actually think that would be the most disappointing of all scenarios. I like the Abrams version of Trek. Making it "all a dream" ala "Newhart" would be unforgivable, IMHO.

..........my solution is for Trek 11's haters.

& neutral aficionados stuck on the fence.

You're an Abrams'anado, so feel free to reject my scenario here.

It's consolation for Abrams'phobes.

I never got to see STXI a second time in the theater:frusty:

Dirk Funk

Evil Penguin
Me either. I saw it once at the IMAX. Great experience, but I never had the opportunity to see it again. I'm looking forward to the DVD release.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Me either. I saw it once at the IMAX. Great experience, but I never had the opportunity to see it again. I'm looking forward to the DVD release.

Didn't see it in IMAX but saw a free preview of it 2 weeks before it officially opened in theaters.