Post on Normalcy from some guy who posted at comic con

Cory

Banned
A SNOWBALL'S CHANCE IN THE SOLAR CORONA
"Obsessed with normalcy: Now that's not normal!"
By Yul Tolbert

http://www.renderwrx.net/asnowballschance.htm

In today's modern dystopia, it seems like the main priority for most people is to be "normal." And unfortunately, this priority for normalcy has been around for centuries. I've noticed that most people have what I call a distorted defintion of what "normal" is. This defintion usually defines "normal" is being typical, traditional and what's most common. This is different from my defintion of normal which I defined as being consistent with reality or certain aspects of reality. For example, the common defintion of "normal" would define jumping off the top of the Empire State Building as being normal if most people did it. My defintion of normal would define jumping off the top of the Empire State Building as being abnormal since jumping off the top of that skyscraper is inconsistent with the reality of survival. On the other hand, if jumping off the top of the Empire State Building were consistent with the reality of survival - in other words, if the impact of the one-third kilometer fall wouldn't injure or kill you - then I would define it as being normal.

Normalcy as traditionally defined is defintely a problem as far as I can tell. And according to my estimation, there is just too much of this type of normalcy! The traditional defintion of normalcy is incompatible with the fact that we live in a diverse world. And diversity is an unavoidable part of reality and therefore is consistent with reality. Please don't blame me for the fact that there's diversity. It was like that when I got here!

As things stand now, many are completely certain that being "normal" is not only necessary for a good life, but mandatory. But then I have to ask, where is it written that being "normal" is mandatory? According to my understanding, being normal is a matter of choice - at least in the United States. And since I currently reside in the Unites States (though I prefer not to live on planet Earth at all), I am going to present my argument in American terms for simplification. That said, I again insist that being "normal" is an option and not a mandate. If you don't like it, then go move to North Korea!

Read more at the link above!

SuN

.:~**~.~**~.~**~:.
lulz

The net is the biggest tool for blindness and unproductively on the net. you might see your productive on here but really.....

your going nowhere