Q for Panda: what is a docket?

Panda

Hero1000 said:
So what is a docket? Now that you looked it up, you should know.

surely I don't have to tell you that, Mr. 'An Actual Lawyer Esq'

Don't stop - you're digging yourself in so deep you'll surely reach China soon. Say hello to my cousins!

No, I would like to know what your definition of "docket" is, since it's apparently a place where you keep evidence?

Panda

For those just joining us, here's the sequence of events that led to Hero1000 being Wikipwned.

>under the name 'El Rod Part deux' at Comicon, he was attempting to convince us all that he's a real lawyer:

Of course, you're not a lawyer, so I guess there's no harm in you playing makebelieve on the internets. Just make sure you never appear to be attempting to give someone legal advice or you could get in a whole heap of trouble.

Hope this helps improve your ability to play your favorite game.

An Actual Lawyer, Esq.

> In an attempt to troll me, he then used the definition of a 'docket':

In the docket? Why would something Kletz wrote on Comicon go in the official schedule of proceedings in lawsuits pending in a court of law?

> I then pointed out to this 'bona fide lawyer' that he had in fact lifted that definition from no less an esoteric source than, er, Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docket

Game. Set. Pwn. :bigass:

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Ask Bogner, he's got a big one :bigass:

Panda

Hero1000 said:
No, I would like to know what your definition of "docket" is, since it's apparently a place where you keep evidence?

my definition is the same as your definition; except, I didn't have to look up Wikipedia to know that.

you'll be in the 'dock' soon enough anyway, so this is all academic... :bigass:

(and I don't mean academic in the University sense - thought I'd better clear that up as you get confused so easily)

jack

Wait until that guy in those pictures shows up at Hellman's door!

FUNNY

Panda said:
my definition is the same as your definition; except, I didn't have to look up Wikipedia to know that.

you'll be in the 'dock' soon enough anyway, so this is all academic... :bigass:

(and I don't mean academic in the University sense - thought I'd better clear that up as you get confused so easily)
Wait, if you really understood what a docket was, then why did you tell Kletz his post was "going in the docket"? That makes no sense.

jack

Wait, if Kletz wasn't threatened by my automobile accident Golem, why'd he bring that shit up in that same thread? :bigass:

Try getting laid, occasionally.

jack

Girls are soft, and smell good.

Panda

Hero1000 said:
Wait, if you really understood what a docket was, then why did you tell Kletz his post was "going in the docket"? That makes no sense.

in my firm, the phrase 'going in the docket' means that we're going to put a case before a court of law; hence, being 'scheduled'. Maybe you do things differently down in Redneckistan - I guess it's all down to linguistics.

You obvioulsy take things too literally - it wasn't klutz's actual post; rather something he said, and then edited.

What's the name of your firm, Panda? Do you have a website? Or a contact number?

- Another Actual Lawyer, B.B.D.O.P.P.

jack

Is that a docket in my pocket?

No, I'm just happy to see you, that's why it's so big. I'm hoping you don't have subpoena envy.

jack

Oh fuck and a half, I said that all wrong. My bad.