Reasons Duffy reminds me of a duck in that coke advert

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
No... I apologise for joking about such things. Not right to get people's hopes up.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
She's taking a two year break from music. Or is that the other way around?

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
I was actually thinking about this very thread a couple of days ago.

Maybe there was a subtle duck-based motif in some TV show or something recently?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Maybe I want to break both her arms and legs?

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
Wikipedia says she took a break because she "was 'on the borderline of a nervous breakdown'" because of mean things said by a person on the internet.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
BTW, whenever you see really obvious namechecks on adverts like that (the DUFFY in big letters she rode by) it means there is some very valid concerns that people wont recognise her.

Brand Manager
"Can we put in some subtle namecheck please? I'm a bit worried that I have chosen a right old duffer, as opposed to Duffy"
Account Man
"How about we get her to say "HI I AM DUFFY"
Brand Manager
FUCK OFF too obvious, you overpaid twat
Account Man
How about we put her name in 6 foot high red letters outside a cinema, even though she isn't a film star and god help us if they ever put her in a film?
Brand Manager
Better, now fuck off I'm busy and I detected some passive aggression there you twat.

CaptainWacky

I'D PUT HER IN THE SHARPSHOOTER AND AT THE SAME TIME GAGH WOULD APPLY THE CRIPPLER CROSSFACE.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Thank fuck Ofcom banned it. I just watched it again and it's far, far worse than I remembered. Why did people go to her gigs? I'm sure she's nice really, but what an annoying voice!

CaptainWacky

LOL, what was the Ofcom story again?

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Ducks aren't allowed to advertise fizzy pop, furniture or pastry products. It's a bitch to remember when you are coming up with adverts. DFS have appealed loads of times but the Geese heavily lobby OfCom

whisky

Boobie inspector
Someone complained she was riding a bike without a helmet.

The fact she was riding it through a supermarket didnt seem to come up.

CaptainWacky

Maybe originally the ad would have ended with her suicide bombing a Pepsi factory.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I thought I was joking about Ofcom banning it (for being shit), but the helmet thing does sound quite credible. Coke and bad music are primarily aimed at children, after all.

CaptainWacky

And smiling. Kids love that.