Remember when Rowan Atkinson used to be funny?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
It's definitely not now.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I agree, what do you suppose happened?

CaptainWacky

They might as well have The Chuckle Brothers on.

CaptainWacky

I did like the Mister Bean where he changed into his shorts on the beach without taking his trousers off because he thought someone was watching...and the guy was blind. I'LL ADMIT THAT.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
^funniest thing Ive ever seen you post. I cant stop laughing

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I thought the Bean bit was really funny. Not as good as the Bond bit, but definitely a highlight.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I'm impressed the actually got the real queen to act in a Bond film, although with the animated Churchill statue I am not sure its cannon.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
If I had any complaint it'd be the Queen being completely incapable of smiling. What is that about.

I know she's getting on a bit and I know she gets dragged around all over the place and I can imagine after 60 years you'd get blasé even about the Olympics coming to your country, but come on, someone announces your name and the cameras are obviously going to be pointed at you, if not a beaming grin, then even an expression of indifference would be better rather than outright fury.

But the bit when it cut to her picking her nails was the unintentional comedy highlight of the night.

whisky

Boobie inspector
She was probably pissed off she was missing the live eviction.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
George Takei's terrific taste in memes continues its perfect streak:

6058.imgcache.jpg

CaptainWacky

Sorry for putting a downer on the Olympics by not liking Mister Bean. :(

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
It's ok, so long as you're still amused by other British institutions such as James Corden and the ever reliable Lenny Henry.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Thanks to Lenny Henry I always think of him in raiders of the lost ark when the freighter captain is called Katanaga.

CaptainWacky

I am glad they didn't have a "SMITHY DIRECTINED THE OPENING CEREMONY" skit.