Remember when The Joker said "Why so serious?"

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
And everyone the internet put it in their sig?

And I mean everyone. :joker:

CaptainWacky

You did.

whisky

Boobie inspector
If he hadn't have died would people have made such a big deal about the film, and his performance in general?

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
^I don't know. What I do know is that the hype occurred before I had watched the movie, and therefore I was hypercritical when I finally did. Didn't stop me from being majorly impressed by his performance. IMO, he had been on his way to become a very good actor.

CaptainWacky

There was a huge amount of hype for the flim before he died because the first had been so popular. There was also a huge number of stupid "OMG HEATH LEDGER IS WRONG FOR DA JOKER BECUZ HE DOES ROMANTIC COMEDIES!" posts on message board (the exact same thing is happening for Anne Hathaway as Catwoman) before anyone had actually seen any footage of him as the Joker. He was pretty awesome in the actual movie and deserved all the praise he got (and I'm sure the response would have been just as positive if he hadn't die, though his death no doubt increased the amount of discussion.) He wouldn't have go the Oscar if he hadn't died but that's more because of the snobbery against comic book movies.