remember when they were giving the careers talk at school but you were...

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
...sitting there thinking about how funny the newly heel turned The Rock is and laughing to yourself at his facials behind Faarooq's back at No Way Out 98 and not even thinking about the "real life" stuff because you knew a gaint robot from the future or aliens or God or someone was going to come and save you soon becasue you were special ("special" being an undiagnosed autistic spectrum disorder)?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I don't remember that, but I do remember when PC Walker came and gave us the talk about paedophiles, except he was so unspecific that it wasn't til years later that I caught onto what he was talking about.

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
I never got a talk about careers. I just got a speech from the headmaster about how we were all going to fail out of high school and die alone and unloved.

CaptainWacky

[YOUTUBE]91JgtMYWy5Y[/YOUTUBE]

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
I remember them telling me that my aptitude test showed that I was most qualified to be either a chef or a despotic tyrant of a small African country.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I don't remember career day, lol I"m old.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I remember not having a clue what I wanted to do after leaving school, so postponing it by going for A levels, as most of my other friends left school at 16 and got jobs, I stayed on till 18, where I failed my a levels, then found myself two years older than a new bunch of 16 year olds leaving school and getting the jobs I was applying for.

Of course in an ideal world I would be a writer, or a 3D artist, or a starship captain.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I was about to graduate from Uni when that Interview came through...

We had a shitty computer programme called JIGCAAL calculate our probable careers. You filled in a multi-choice sheet by filling boxes in with a pencil. It was fed into a machine, and came back with the results. I'll never forget my first 2 likely career choices, according to it:

1. Fairground Attendant.
2. Make-up Artist.

Problem is about 50% of us got the same fucking results back!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I never had a career aptitude test. But I always assumed I would star in my own sitcom one day.

Ishcabittle

I was tested as well, I was supposed to be a forest ranger, went to school to be an opera singer, wound up being a computer tech. Those tests are shit.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Remember my career day stupid fucking test. Told me I'd make a great "road technician"

Now what the fucking fuck is a fucking road technician?

I don't have a clue. I wanted to be a Marine Bioligist at the time but not enough to actually try to be one. I'm sure most of you can relate.

Anyway I ended up calling the career adviser he was a wank stain or something similar and got suspended for it but at least i'm not a road tech now!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Remember my career day stupid fucking test. Told me I'd make a great "road technician"

Now what the fucking fuck is a fucking road technician?
Obviously someone who manages the tours for world-class rock bands!

Although they might have also meant someone who lays down tar. But I'm more of a glass-is-half-full kinda guy.

Similar idea: I was once in an adademic forum where we were supposed to introduce ourselves, but I never introduced myself. They made the transcript of those two days into a book and it turns out I am an "archivist and independent historian."

Seems I've been leaving a monocle out of my daily wardrobe!

CaptainWacky

Wasn't Trigger from Only Fools a "road technician"?

whisky

Boobie inspector
I was about to graduate from Uni when that Interview came through...

We had a shitty computer programme called JIGCAAL calculate our probable careers. You filled in a multi-choice sheet by filling boxes in with a pencil. It was fed into a machine, and came back with the results. I'll never forget my first 2 likely career choices, according to it:

1. Fairground Attendant.
2. Make-up Artist.

Problem is about 50% of us got the same fucking results back!

I think in my case the top two choices came out as

1 Florist
2 Mortician photographer

So selling flowers or taking pictures of dead bodies, I mean seriously, what was that machine on?

CaptainWacky

Thatcher's bloody Britain!

CaptainWacky

REMEMBER WHEN WE USED TO HAVE DISCCUSIONS IN THE MINE FIELD!?

[YOUTUBE]_W0jadxegNk[/YOUTUBE]

So glad someone reuploaded this.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I don't remember that, but I do remember when PC Walker came and gave us the talk about paedophiles, except he was so unspecific that it wasn't til years later that I caught onto what he was talking about.

That's right, Fuddle. He used to tell us that adults weren't allowed to touch us if it gave us uncomfortable feelings, which made me wonder if it was illegal for my mum to comb my hair when it had tangles.

CaptainWacky

I didn't get the "don't take sweets from strangers" thing...did paedos put the date rape drug in sweets?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Apparently, in the old days the promise of a piece of candy was enough to lure a child into a stranger's van.

These days the kid would hold out for an iPhone and a Nintendo DS. And he'd still turn the perv in. Kids are so cynical these days...