REPORT CARDS GO HOME FRIDAY!!!

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
I'm nervous 'cause it directly reflects my abilities as the stay at home mother of a five year old.

The pressure is killing me!

For the record we got his midterm test scores back and they were perfect.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Gods, I hope my parents didn't think my report cards were a reflection of them. I was just a bad student, bad seed, skipping class and all good shit. By third grade, no less!!!

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
i HAD SEX WITH MY THIRD GRADE TEACHER, SO i ALWAYS GOT GOOD GRADEZ

Donovan

beer, I want beer
wtf are the test for being a five-year old? Punctual at nap time? Potty with one verbal prompt? Eats all his snack?

Tisiphone

YOU DIDN'T STAY BETWEEN THE LINES

jack

They don't give report card s for fucking kindergardeners.

As usual we've been trolled by the blond pregnant madonna.

Tisiphone

Yeah, and they give pluses or minuses.

jack

You go to jail for fucking kindergardeners, sillies.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
wtf are the test for being a five-year old? Punctual at nap time? Potty with one verbal prompt? Eats all his snack?

Nope, kindergarten ain't like it was when we were kids. He's learning Math, Science, Reading, Writing, Social Studies and pretty much all the stuff you'd learn in first grade, just not at that level. They grade you on a numerical scale, I can post his report card on FB to show yez.

If he gets all perfect scores like last report card, we're going to ask the teacher to give him first grade work. I don't want him getting bored.

LG works VERY hard to make sure his homework is done, and that he does he letter sounds every night. But honestly, he's so smart it's all easy for him. Her praise and encouragement is what will keep him an excellent student.

jack

They don't teach you to write until second grade. At least they didn't when I went to school.

That shit is nuts. You'll have a sociopath on your hands when he hits puberty.

Big Dick McGee

They don't give report card s for fucking kindergardeners.

As usual we've been trolled by the blond pregnant madonna.

Sure they do. They grade you on Language Arts (with many sub-categories like "letter sounds" and "high frequency words) basically beginning to identify upper and lower case letters, and recognizing words so they learn how to read. They also teach Math and Writing.

Kindergarten is cutthroat these days!

Big Dick McGee

They don't teach you to write until second grade.

What fucked-up school system did YOU attend? He knows how to write his first and last name, and some simple words like "cat" and "dog" from memory. If I tell him how to spell the work, he can write anything. Gets the capital and lowercase letters correct every time. :)

jack

That's crazy shit. Glad my kids are all grown.

jack

What fucked-up school system did YOU attend? He knows how to write his first and last name, and some simple words like "cat" and "dog" from memory. If I tell him how to spell the work, he can write anything. Gets the capital and lowercase letters correct every time. :)

I'm a product of the Boston Public school system (59-68) and the Vermont public school system (69-72)

I knew how to read and write when I was three. I was reading Atlas Shrugged in third grade (with comprehension). What I knew had nothing to do with what/when they taught it.

Friday

Bazinga!
Yeah, jack, things have changed.

The last little ones I taught were pre-school (4 and 5 year olds), and they were learning pre-reading and writing skills. Most had learned to write letters, some even knew how to write their names. All could recite their colors in Spanish.

The push for reading readiness is getting younger and younger. Don't get me started on phonics vs. whole language instruction...