Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resolutions.

The Question

Eternal
Who needs New Year's for resolutions? Screw that! Here's some resolutions without New Year's:

-Join a gym
-Get contact lenses
-Sell a screenplay
-Sweep LG off her feet
-Buy a house

Most of those are tall orders, but I love a challenge! Let's hear yours!

-Be an even better Father and Husband
-Run in more 5k charity races; work up to 10k by the middle of summer
-Break 90 on a regular basis (golf)
-Save more money so I can visit my friends more often, even if it's only for a weekend
-organize the most massive gathering of Tkers ever, at the Mets/Phillies game in August.

Practical question, TQ.

Would contact lenses be effective with you? Just wondering. If you'd rather me not address this issue, I'll understand.

Resolutions:

Learn to drive (this is actually in the works)
Hmm...there are others, but they are too personal to be made public. If ya really want to know, PM me. ;)

Friday said:
Practical question, TQ.

Would contact lenses be effective with you? Just wondering. If you'd rather me not address this issue, I'll understand.

No, I don't mind. Functionally, no, they wouldn't make a difference. Cosmetically, hell yes. They'd be more inconvenient than glasses, but the pros outweigh the cons.

^^How much are these contact lenses?

Ummmm, I dunno...Let's see--

-Give up sweets (not likely to happen)
-Visit a state I haven't been to
-Find a good available man
-Visit my Aunt in Las Vegas more
-Go to an Eagles game

Laker_Girl said:

About $160-180 apiece, IIRC.

-Go to an Eagles game

Well, I'm available (for you), am I not? :) And have you been to Arizona? :D

Laker_Girl said:

-Go to an Eagles game

Well, you can come to Philly (PA-state you haven't visited) and we can go to an Eagles game! Unfortunately, I'm not available, but you could meet my cute-as-a-button son! :)

The Question said:
About $160-180 apiece, IIRC.

How many do you need? I don't mean to sound all rich bitchy or anything but I might be able to swing that for ya.

Well, I'm available (for you), am I not? :) And have you been to Arizona? :D

Been to Arizona, Prescott to be exact, the Cheese's (a.k.a. Retrotrek) parents had a second home there which is now their primary home and she and I went for Easter one year. That certainly doesn't mean I won't visit again though. ;)

And yes, you are most certainly a good available man and we're getting to know eachother, yes?

Big Dick McGee said:
Well, you can come to Philly (PA-state you haven't visited) and we can go to an Eagles game!

I have been to Philly on business but I would LOVE to go to an Eagles game with you and meet your incredibly adorable boy!!

Unfortunately, I'm not available

That is quite unfortunate indeed. :(

Laker_Girl said:
How many do you need? I don't mean to sound all rich bitchy or anything but I might be able to swing that for ya.

Actually, only one is absolutely necessary -- both eyes lack natural lenses, but the left eye also has optic nerve damage, which is uncorrectable. (and is also the reason I never joined the military.)

Been to Arizona, Prescott to be exact, the Cheese's (a.k.a. Retrotrek) parents had a second home there which is now their primary home and she and I went for Easter one year. That certainly doesn't mean I won't visit again though. ;)

You'd love Tempe, IMO -- during the winter, at least. :) City convenience in a little college town. Well, okay, it's a little college town in the middle of a little urban sprawl, so not as nice as, say, Ashland, OR -- but still nice.

And yes, you are most certainly a good available man and we're getting to know eachother, yes?

Indeed, quite so! ;)

Laker_Girl said:
I have been to Philly on business but I would LOVE to go to an Eagles game with you and meet your incredibly adorable boy!!

That is quite unfortunate indeed. :(

That's right, you were here for a convention once, I remember. I was on vacation at the time, IIRC.

Don't let Center City Philly fool you. The suburbs (where I live) are not dirty like Center City. And we have less black people. (oops! was that un-PC??)

If L-G wants to visit her aunt, It would be an easy trip up to rondevue (sp?) and get into drunken stupers and gamble and party.

I resolve to learn how to either spell better ot type better,
- I will cook more
- I will find that Magic that is within me and find out what it's rules are for it's use.
- I will stop smoking
- I will go biking in my free time.
- And hem my chef's pants.
- And make that damned cheesecake I've been thinking about for ever.

erm.....ok here's mine.

1. Find a job (tho I might have one quite soon).
2. Save up enough money to get into my own place.
3. Start walking again....I can actually do that now that i'm in PHX.
4. Fix my stupid bank account ie pay off the 100 some dollars the collection agency is after me for.
5. Get my financial aid and shit done so I can start school in the fall.
6. Start writing again
7. Quit or cut back on the smoking.
8. Be more understanding about why Tony is so tired all of the time and never wants to go do anything.

Blindgroping said:
If L-G wants to visit her aunt, It would be an easy trip up to rondevue (sp?) and get into drunken stupers and gamble and party.

My aunt lives in Northern Las Vegas, about a half hour off the strip and no offense but if I'm going to visit my aunt, I'm going to visit my aunt...She misses me, I'm her favorite niece. ;)