Return Of The Jedi made me think about suicide

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Because of Luke's line "soon I'll be dead and you with me" to the Emporer on the Death Star. This confused me when I was a SMALL CHILD because why was Luke so accepting of his death? Was something wrong with him? I came to the conclusion that no, Luke was fine, so why wasn't he panicking over his death? Then I realised he had simply accepted it was inevitable and was for the greater good with the Rebels about to destroy the Death Star. This made me wonder if maybe death wasn't such a big deal and if there was some situations where it was okay to die if my hero Luke Skywalker said so. This made me think about suicide. IS THAT WHAT YOU WANTED, GEORGE? CHILDREN THINKING OF KILL THEMSELVES TO BE LIKE LUKE?

(Of course he didn't die in the end which was lucky because if he had I probably would have killed myself to become one with the Force. I still might.)

Seph

Retired Account
"Perhaps you refer to the imminent attack of your Rebel fleet? Yes, I assure you, we are quite safe from your friends here." - palpatine

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
He was probably traumatized due to complications from the quickie hand transplant. If Dad hadn't chopped off his hand, he probably wouldn't have been so willing to go there.

Hell, being frozen in carbonite made Han a nice guy for about 10 minutes. PEOPLE JUST BEIN' REAL.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Luke had just had it revealed to him that the hot girl he's been hanging out with (and probably sleeping with) is actually is sister, AND his dad is Darth Vader AND he lost a hand.

He's basically insane by the time he meet the Emperor, the only reason he seems fine by the end of the film is because the Emperor's lightning acted as a kind of ECT that helped him regain his sanity.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Luke had just had it revealed to him that the hot girl he's been hanging out with (and probably sleeping with) is actually is sister, AND his dad is Darth Vader AND he lost a hand.

He's basically insane by the time he meet the Emperor, the only reason he seems fine by the end of the film is because the Emperor's lightning acted as a kind of ECT that helped him regain his sanity.

Seph

Retired Account

i CONCUR +1.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Both the jedi and the sith took his love life away, the jedi took his girl, and the sith took his hand.

Seph

Retired Account
heartless bastards.

SaintLucifer

beer, I want beer
If Darth Vader was considered to be the most-powerful Jedi ever, then explain how it is he was beaten by Obi-Wan Kenobi???

Why was Luke Skywalker told his father was trained by Yoda, only to have us discover that was never the case? Was he not trained by Obi-Wan? Fucked up story.

CaptainWacky

I used to choke myself so that I could feel the way Vader's victims felt.

14thDoctor

Sex Panther
If Darth Vader was considered to be the most-powerful Jedi ever, then explain how it is he was beaten by Obi-Wan Kenobi???
Vader knowingly attacked from a vulnerable position, opening himself up to a near-fatal counter-attack.
Why was Luke Skywalker told his father was trained by Yoda, only to have us discover that was never the case? Was he not trained by Obi-Wan? Fucked up story.
Nothing to say Anakin didn't receive training from more than one Jedi. After all, Obi-Wan had just finished receiving instruction from Liam Neeson, and it was made clear he still had some learning to to.
If he could simply put out his hand to choke someone to death, then why does he need a lightsaber?
Vader only seems to use it on regular folk. Maybe other force users are able to block it?

Seph

Retired Account
where the fuck did u crawl out from under?

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Obi-Wan never said Yoda trained Anakin.

He says first that Yoda trained him, then that "I took it upon myself to train him as a Jedi. I thought that I could instruct him just as well as Yoda. I was wrong" implying that he thought he could have been as good a teacher to Anakin as Yoda was to him.

(the 'Yoda teaching Obi-Wan' thing was retcond with Yoda teaching all the younglings)

CaptainWacky

Liam, the shades.