RIP Dual 1991 - 2014

classichummus

on a break from forums
Hey everyone, it is with great regret to inform you all that my good irl friend Dual has passed away. He killed himself in his home in Washington on July 14th. I found out about an hour ago from a mutual friend of ours. My understand is he shot himself after a fight with his wife. I was told it seemed like an accident and I do believe it. I talked to him earlier that day and he seemed really happy about his life and where he was at. He got married a few months ago, he bought a house, got two dogs, was working on his Ph.D in classics, was teaching a class, was learning a 6th language, Russian, and everything was going really well! I saw him about a month prior to his passing when he and his wife came back down to visit some friends and her family in California. I knew he and his wife fought a fair amount, but he had said things had just started to get better between them. I'm really shocked this happened. He didn't hold things back from me so if he were depressed, I would have known, so I'm shocked. Idk. This is just so surreal. I wish I could wake up tomorrow and this be a dream, but it is not. I wish our friend was joking, but he wasn't. Idk, I need to go now. I am going to try to find out more info soon.

RIP Dual
October 14th, 1990 - July 14th, 2014

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
That's completely fucked up.

My condolences to you and his family.

Jesus.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
I'm logging back in to say sorry for anyone who was able to know him here and IRL. 23 is way too young. It would be nice to find out this was one big epic troll but some things just can't be wished away. RIP Karl.

The Question

Eternal
I heard about this on Facebook, but still... damn. It sounds like it was accidental? Like maybe he was half joking about it and then accidentally pulled the trigger? Morbid curiosity aside, this is a damned shame, and 23 is way too young to go. :(

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
My condolences to everyone who knew him in real life or was close to him on here. I never really got to know him very well, but I still find this news impossible to process. I don't know what he would've gone on to do, but it surely would've been something amazing and worthwhile. What a waste. :(

whisky

Boobie inspector
I dont think I really interacted with him, but noone should go out this way.

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
Wow. That's just.... wow.

I don't think I really talked with him (besides maybe a few posts in some old threads), but it's always sad to see this happen.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
How unbelievably awful.

RIP Dual...somehow.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I only knew him from the board and from chat. He was always an interesting guy and good to talk to. Knowing now how much he'd achieved at such a young age just makes it all the more tragic that this has happened. My condolences to those who knew him well. I know I'll miss him so I can't imagine how they're feeling.

classichummus

on a break from forums
Thanks everyone. It's still all very surreal. He was really a great guy. He was way too young to go. There was no telling where his life would have gone, but it would have been nothing short of incredible. He lived a very eventful life in such a short amount of time. I know he detailed many of his hardships and struggles in these forums, so many of you know how incredible it is what he has done and overcome.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
It speaks to his character how many old names have come back just to express their sorrow. To bad he couldn't see the impact he made while alive.