Rogue versus Sookie

Which is the better role for Anna Paquin?

Ok, I feel it is Sookie. Let's face it, Rogue is just a stupid second string (side-kick) comic book character. Yeah, she plays a mutant, so what? NOT everything revolves around the X-MEN dammit!! besides, she cannot even fly like the Rogue in the comic books, nor does she have super-human strength.

Sookie has a lot of depth IMO. She can wait on tables, read minds, sleep with a sexy hot stud vampire & be a good sister to her stupid brother who thinks Jesus is the answer to everything!...for now...I'm pretty sure he will be banging big titted chicks within the next couple of episodes.

Also, Sookie likes to get Vampire hickies & have blood sucked out of her from her HOT, SEXY as FUCK Vampire lover boy!;) If you recall, Rogue never had any sex...how BORING was that!? Yeah, she can't touch people cause she will suck your powers & life force away?? How UNsexy IMO.

I say Sookie is the better role for Anna.

Yes.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Well there's obviously a huge difference between a character in an ensemble movie series and the MAIN character in a continuing television series, so she's had many more opportunities to show her acting range as Sookie than as Rogue (and she's a better actress now than she was then.)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Sookie obviously. Rogue never got her tits out!

CaptainWacky

There is that.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
Plus she won a Golden Globe for her role as Sookie, so obviously she's bringing something else besides a great bosom to the role.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I think her character in Almost Famous would beat both their asses (although I keep forgetting who she played and I don't think she had many lines and she didn't stand out much and LOL)

Dual

RIP Karl 1991-2014
I think her character in Almost Famous would beat both their asses (although I keep forgetting who she played and I don't think she had many lines and she didn't stand out much and LOL)

She was the main character's older sister. I think she was in one scene at the beginning and one at the end.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
That was Zooey Daschenel who played the older sister/stewardess.

Anna was one of the Band-aids along with Kate Hudson and Fairuza Balk. I just can't remember her character doing anything specific...

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Fairuza had a nice speech about loving music at the end, and was quite fit. Love that raspy voice.

curiousa2z

BG, have you read the books? She is playing Sookie Stackhouse perfectly!

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop

Polexia Aphrodesia was her name.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
I finally downloaded Season One of True Blood, so I shall weigh in on this very important topic after the week-end.

CaptainWacky

There was a good ass shot though...you obviously remembered that!

Blindgroping

U mad 'bro?
BG, have you read the books? She is playing Sookie Stackhouse perfectly!

I've read the first two books, I have the brain cavity to prove it.
She is playing the part well, but a die-jobbed Anna is not Sookie.
Bad actress choice for the part.

Big Dick McGee

Are the books worth reading? I'm always on the lookout for "junk food" books that'll suck me in and keep me turnin' pages.

curiousa2z

BG said:
I've read the first two books, I have the brain cavity to prove it.
She is playing the part well, but a die-jobbed Anna is not Sookie.
Bad actress choice for the part.

I've read the whole series - more than once. I can't think of any fan of the series who will agree with you about that. Anna Paquin is an excellent Sookie.
In fact, the casting on the whole has been excellent.
Tisi can wade in on this when she gets off work. I'm betting she agrees with me.
Maybe these books just aren't for you.

Big Dick McGee

So...should I read the bloody books or not?!?!