Sad Day

eloisel

Forever Empress E
It is my regular movie night and there aren't any movies at the theater that I either want to see or haven't already seen.

My cats think I came home early to be with them. They are happy.

Maybe if I make some popcorn it'll be okay.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
I could.

However, I think I'd rather rent Inglorious Bastard.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
I like going to the movie theater. There is something special about sitting in the dark with a 100 or so total strangers and all of us together at the same time getting interested in the lives of fictional people. Group concern, tears, panic, fear, love, joy, happiness, thankfulness, vindication, satisfaction, etc.

Awash in a sea of emotions in the dark with strangers. Awesome.

kaonashi.shinu

Keeper of the Nether Eye
I remember going to see UP! in 3D - the theater was packed. I had an old couple to the right of me, and a young child to the left. I've never enjoyed a movie so much in my life - we laughed together, cried together, and were complete strangers. Usually I'm uncomfortable in situations where I know no-one, but there's a universality in watching films that joins us together.

Enkephalen

My Stars!
I remember when Poltergeist first came out. Can't remember what the other big film was at the movies at the same time, but everyone else went to it rather than Poltergeist. There were only about 10 people at this huge theater to watch it. Oddly, these few people all congregated around where I sat. The movie was scary to say the least. I was glad to have the company of others so close by screaming along with me. We comforted one another by banding together, yet never acknowledging one another when the lights came up.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I only see movies in the theater once or twice a year. I saw Les Miserables with some sisters and nieces during Christmas week. Humans have evolved in a very weird way -- everyone seemed to be engaged in the movie and laughed and cried at the right spots, but at the same time, the theater was a flood of dim smartphone lights, as most people were also reading and/or sending texts every 10 minutes. I hated seeing that.