Scrambled eggs with Gear

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
FYI, its not mine. It was in the Sunday paper(PARADE magazine) which is downstairs, so I'll post it eventually or when I go down for a snack and retrieve the paper from my parents.

Enkephalen

My Stars!
Be sure to only use fresh ingredients and a good, fresh squeezed orange juice. In other words, don't substitute Sunny D for the orange juice. I had a someone do just that with disasterous results. However, I've prepared this a few times with frozen juice and it was alright.

Orange Pork Chops

Ingredients:

• 6 pork chops, 1-inch thick
• 2 tablespoons flour
• 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
• 1 1/2 teaspoons curry
• 3/4 teaspoons paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 2 tablespoons shortening, melted
• 3/4 cups orange juice
• 6 whole cloves
• 3/4 teaspoon coarsely chopped orange pool
• 6 thin orange slices

Directions:
About 1 hour and 15 minutes before serving:
Trim excess fat from chops. Combine flour, seasoned salt, curry, paprika and pepper; reserve 1 tablespoon; roll chops in remaining mixture.

In large skillet over high heat, brown chops in shortening; reduce heat; add orange juice, cloves and orange peel. Cover; simmer 45 minutes or until tender, turning chops occasionally. During last 5 minutes, add orange slices.

Remove chops and orange slices to warm platter. Skim off excess fat. Strain remaining liquids, discard cloves and peel. Return 1 cup liquid to skillet (add orange juice to make 1 cup if necessary). Combine reserved flour stirring constantly, until slightly thickened. Spoon over chops. Make 6 servings.

I generally add fresh sliced mushrooms during the 45 minute simmering. The gravy/sauce is excellent with mashed potatoes. Also, if you find too much of the sauce has reduced itself through simmering, simply add more orange juice.

P.S. Make sure you use a mild curry unless you like your dish exceeding pungent and hot.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
LOL@Jonas casserole FFS...

"Why yes honey it is Nick Jonas cassrole"

"No, I got it from Loktar"

"He's someone I met on the internet"

Enkephalen

My Stars!
Chicken in Orange Gravy

Ingredients:
• 1/3 cup regular all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
• 1 4 1/2 to 5 pound roasting chicken, cut up (or use chicken breasts)
• 6 tablespoons salad oil
• 1 cup fresh mushrooms sliced
• 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (freshly grated if possible)
• 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
• 1 10 1/2 ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup
• 1/2 can chicken broth
• 1 cup orange juice
• 3 cups diagonally sliced, pared carrots

Directions:
About 1 hour before serving:

Blend together flour, salt, paprika and garlic salt; coat chicken.
In large skillet, in hot salad oil, sauté chicken pieces (or breasts) until golden. Add mushrooms to chicken, sprinkle chicken with nutmeg and sugar.

In a large bowl, thoroughly combine orange juice, mushroom soup, chicken broth and pour over chicken. Bring to a boil; simmer, covered, 25 minutes. Place carrots over top of chicken; cook 20 minutes or until carrots are tender. Skim off surface fat if any. Makes 6 services. If the gravy seems a bit too thick or reduces too much, simply add either more chicken broth or more orange juice (or both). I usually opt for more orange juice.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
I know a place to buy freshly slaughtered farm raised chicken. I'll make one of those into this. I have most of that. Gotta track down some nutmeg.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
:::imagines Gear hunting for nutmeg:::

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
LOL@Jonas casserole FFS...

"Why yes honey it is Nick Jonas cassrole"

"No, I got it from Loktar"

"He's someone I met on the internet"

You could at least her my first name(Dan) so I don't sound like I'm some crazed Viking or Norse god.

Hell I could probably give you my last one too. The info is useless without knowing my address, city, and state, right?

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I had to leave that Church. Eating McD's and/or getting pizza delivered every day was partly what got me in my current unemployed, living with mom and dad mess.

(its expensive)

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Never liked Chicken orange.