Scrooge McDuck discussion thread

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
scrooge mcduck pool GIF

Last night while struggling to sleep I had the thought "I should start a thread asking if Scrooge McDuck ever wanked in his vault." This was a terrible idea. Not discussing Scrooge's mastrubatory habits - that's a great idea - but limiting the topic solely to that erotic subject. There's so much more we could discuss. I mean, look at that gif! How is he not hurt diving into gold coins? He spits many out afterwards, so we can assume he swallows some every time he dives in. How has he never choked to death? Can ducks choke? I would think so!

Did you know what his vault is called "The Money Bin"? That seems like something I would have known as a child and forgotten. If you read that very interesting page you'll see some writers have putting a lot of thought into The Money Bin over the years. Have any of theme very thought about the possibility of Scrooge wanking in The Money Bin and his coins being stuck together? I'm not sure, but I imagine they have.

In the DuckTales reboot, it is mentioned that Scrooge spends $15,000,000 a year for protection against magic on the security of the bin, as apparently, he has acquired a long list of vengeance curses (most likely from several treasures he's raided), much to the confusion of his board.

Good lore.

Duck-scuss (discuss)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
We're gonna need Dr Dave to weigh in on traditional duck behavior...

Although Daffy Duck has the presence of mind to hold his nose when HE dives in...

ZSXgYMI.gif

Dr Dave

pillzlol
A sane duck would never dive into such a place, especially before waking. That being said, he for sure wanked in there, the bottom of that pile is probably mostly duck goo. His fortune isn't as vast as one might think.

Additionally ducks don't even use currency, if they did it would hardly be coins!

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Aside from the triplets, Scrooge was the reason I read those comics. I especially loved it when he had to take a "Money Bin" break. Carl Barks was drawing all the issues when I was reading them as a little kid, so it was pretty perfect.

hqdefault.jpg

I loved the routine. He would always prepare for bathing (usually wearing some outlandish bathing suit), and there was always some contraption for him to dive into his ocean of money.

I loved it.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
A sane duck would never dive into such a place, especially before waking. That being said, he for sure wanked in there, the bottom of that pile is probably mostly duck goo. His fortune isn't as vast as one might think.

Additionally ducks don't even use currency, if they did it would hardly be coins!
His duck goo is worth gazillions. His old duck penis don't work any more. He's injecting Goldy with a gold plated duck baster filled with duck goo he froze when he was younger.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
No I'll have to wash "duck goo" out of my synapses...

CaptainWacky

Interesting to wonder how he would have turned out if his parents had named him something. Is it nominative determinism or would he have turned out the same even if his name had been Barry Duck or something?

I like how his wikipedia page has a section titled "Morality and Beliefs": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrooge_McDuck#Morality_and_beliefs

Carl Barks gave Scrooge a definite set of ethics which were in tone with the time he was supposed to have made his fortune. The robber barons and industrialists of the 1890–1920s era were McDuck's competition as he earned his fortune. Scrooge proudly asserts "I made it by being tougher than the toughies and smarter than the smarties! And I made it square!". Barks's creation is averse to dishonesty in the pursuit of wealth. When Disney filmmakers first contemplated a Scrooge feature cartoon in the fifties, the animators had no understanding of the Scrooge McDuck character and merely envisioned Scrooge as a duck version of Ebenezer Scrooge—a very unsympathetic character. In the end, they shelved the idea because a duck who gets all excited about money just was not funny enough.

He's a complex character!

Scrooge McDuck will be the first up against the wall when the revolution comes.

The wall where the potential new rulers of the world line-up, I agree!

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Incidentally, on more than one occasion, I have Googled "Spooge McFuck." :J:

Dr Dave

pillzlol
His duck goo is worth gazillions. His old duck penis don't work any more. He's injecting Goldy with a gold plated duck baster filled with duck goo he froze when he was younger.
All smoke and mirrors, like the crypto currency!

CaptainWacky

Here's a REAL LIVE IMAGE of Scrooge giving money to needy kittens, proving that he's a good guy!

mPxMsBF.jpeg

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
No I'll have to wash "duck goo" out of my synapses...
All smoke and mirrors, like the crypto currency!
Crypto currency the only thing that crashes faster than Launchpad McQuack can crash a plane. I heard Launchpad was now working for Baloo. All the planes are in a Tale Spin.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
That cop is rather sexy for a cartoon...

CaptainWacky

Typical corrupt police hassling a hard-working Scottish duck.

CaptainWacky

dkdeijm.jpeg

This should be TK's new banner.