Seeing Wolverine tonight

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
I'm excited to see Deadpool and Emma Frost, if nothing else. I read a review that bumms me out a bit because
the backstory up until the 1980's, with Wolvie fighting in the Civil War, WWI, WWII, VietNam...all takes place in the first 10 minutes. I was hoping they'd explore that more.

Anyway, anything's better than sitting in Friday night L.A. gridlock. I'll let y'all know what I think tomorrow.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Pretty much everything I've read suggests I'll hate it, especially since I've started reading Marvel comics in the last few years and will now actually care if they misuse characters.

I heard he has a singing & dancing number in the film, what's up with that??

Must be a dream sequence or something.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
no, he doesn't sing or dance in it..

Wacky, it wasn't that bad at all.

Lots of violence, though, and some twits had brought a little boy and girl who looked to be 6 and 7 repectively. Hope the money the cheap bastards saved on a babysitter is enough to justify the loss of sleep when the kids woke up screaming last night. There was some pretty brutal stuff.

CaptainWacky

Well the action was pretty good even in X3, so that might be something. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE STORY?

whisky

Boobie inspector
I taped X3 off film4 the other night, it will be my first chance to see it clearly as the bit torrent was really bad quality, I heard so much bad press I never went to pictures or got teh DVD.

The have all three X men films on blue ray at tesco for 30, which is pretty good, but then its 30 quid I dont have, so probably wont be getting them

Big Dick McGee

SOME SPOILERS BELOW!!!!!

It was ok. C+ at best. Hugh Jackman is good, as usual, and the chick who plays Sliver Fox is very pretty in a slightly unconventional way. I wish they had spent a little more time during WWI-Viet Nam era. The dude who played young Stryker was pretty good, too.

Mostly, though, the plot was a mess. There's a scene where Wolverine goes to "New Orleans" to meet Gambit. First of all, the sets are so generic, it could be almost anywhere. Second, Gambit tells him he ain't goin' back to "The Island" no way. Wolvie just wants to kill Victor for killing Silver Fox. So who shows up but Victor. Wolvie is just about to cut Victor's head off, when Gambit stops him. Why? WTF? The only motiviation I can see for that is that the movie needed to be another hour, and needed more Gambit in it. Lame.

So much promise, but very little delivery. By all acounts the Trek movie is excellent, I can't wait for that one!

CaptainWacky

So it doesn't end with Wolverine having sex with a depowered Rogue?

Big Dick McGee

Ummm....no.

Seph

Retired Account
adamantine cum.....

CaptainWacky

how about a movie where Colussus and Kitty have ROUGH sex?