Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
TEASER trailer.

Iron Fist probably won't have a cameo.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I was wondering about this. This is the MOKF series spinoff? I still have every issue of that series!

whisky

Boobie inspector
Can we still use secret Asian man as a Chinese spy joke or is that something HR would frown on now?

CaptainWacky

He's not a spy.

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

It's definitely Abomination (but more comics accurate!), I'm not sure if it's Wong or just some wizard guy.

CaptainWacky

It looks fun.

CaptainWacky

Bump for anyone who's seen it but can't find this thread.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I'm not going to the cinema until it feels safer, and they aren't putting it on Disney plus for a while, so I'll probably see this in a few months.

CaptainWacky

I'm gonig to try to see it in the cinema (when I saw Black Widow there were only two other people there, sitting far away) but it probably won't be for a couple of weeks.

It seems to be getting a very positive reaction anyway.

jack

It's on HBO max as of yesterday. I'm going to watch it this evening.

CaptainWacky

You are mistaken, it's a Marvel movie and the only service it would be on would be Disney+.

jack

Yes, I am. If it was a Warner Bros release they'd be streaming it today on HBO+ same time as the release date (today). 45 days on disney+

You can get it on vudulounge though, and thats free for a week. 44 bucks after that if you dont cancel

CaptainWacky

I saw it today, it's good! Definitely better than Black Widow (which wasn't bad!) Some real fun fight scenes throughout especially the bus and scaffolding setpieces in the first half. Tony Leung is great as Wenwu, equally convincing as an immortal warlord and as a widowed husband driven mad by grief (and mystical alien rings, yes.) It's hard to even class him as a "villain." I've never seen Awkwafina in anything before and was worried early on that she was going to be annoying (there's a bit of shouting) but she was actually good and didn't undercut the dramatic stuff with comedy like I feared. Probably liked Katy more than Shang-Chi himself, really, but he was a perfectly fine lead. Great to see Ben Kingsley again too (Iron Man 3 is good, OKAY) and actually thought it was nice that he was somewhat redeemed from his (unwittingy) previous villain role. Xialing was cute.

I did think it had some story issues in the middle, like how easy it was for them to escape Wenwu's lair (wouldn't he at least lock them in a room and have it guarded?) and how convenient it was that Morris could lead them to the hidden village. Shang-Chi kind of becomes a passenger for a while around that point, but has good stuff with his father in the end.

The big fight and the stuff when the soul-suckers first attacked was a bit weak too and I wish they'd used like big hairy puppets for the mystical lion things (I like big hairy puppets.) The final fight between Shang and his father was good though and I liked when it devolved into a full on dragon battle in the end. Dragons are cool.

So yeah it's a fun time I liked it!

Last edited:

Mirah

I love you
I'm not going to the cinema until it feels safer, and they aren't putting it on Disney plus for a while, so I'll probably see this in a few months.

Our small town theater is playing it this week.

We probably haven't had more than 30 people in the theater at a time. It ranges from 10-20, or sometimes just 2. I am looking forward to this movie.