Should Nintendo just re-release the SNES?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
For their next console, should they just bring back the SNES (exactly the same as it was twenty years ago) and release new SNES games for it? Who wouldn't rather play Super Mario World 2 than all this MODERN stuff they have now anyway?

Also they should act like it's a totally new console and boast about MODE SEVEN and the SUPER FX CHIP.

Bloody tempting to get out my SNES now... sure, emulators are all very well, but it's not really the same!

You can emulate a SNES on your GBA and still feel Nintendo-loyal while not sacrificing portability or convenience!

Well, except for the hours it would presumably take to set up a flash cartridge and the optional SNES controller.

I really really need to make sure my SNES still works because it's been under my bed for a few years and I've done a lot of wanking on that bed and I hope that hasn't damaged it somehow (the fumes or something.)

I don't really count Yoshi's Island as Super Mario World 2, despite the name. They just put that in to attract stupid people (it's still a brilliant game.)

I really really need to make sure my SNES still works because it's been under my bed for a few years and I've done a lot of wanking on that bed and I hope that hasn't damaged it somehow (the fumes or something.)

It should still work. My SNES has a big crack in the casing and it still works.

I just realised Yoshi's Island actually use the Super FX Chip 2. Imagine if they'd gone on to create a Super FX Chip 3. Think how big the sprites would have been!

Back