Should Nintendo just re-release the SNES?

Dug my SNES out from under my bed. Still works. Sadly my Super Mario World cartridge seems to have died, but Yoshi's Island and Super Metroid (despite the cartridge being all yellow at the back) still work fine. Will check more.

Having spent the last few weeks playing Paper Mario and coming to the undeniable conclusion that it is THE PINNACLE OF GAMING I have changed my mind as to which console Nintendo should re-release...

[YOUTUBE]pFlcqWQVVuU[/YOUTUBE]

YES. When I use my Wii, I play old N64 games with a classic controller just as much as any native Wii game.

(Note: In general, I don't play with consoles much that often lately)

Yeah I've been playing Virtual Console much more than actual Wii games for a while now (but I still need to get Mario Galaxy 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles.)

I haven't checked Wii Shopping in a while to see what old games they've released -- I'm still waiting for original Mario Party and Snowboard Kids!

I think they can't release the original Mario Parties because some kids crippled their fingers and took legal action (really.)

Dug my SNES out from under my bed. Still works. Sadly my Super Mario World cartridge seems to have died, but Yoshi's Island and Super Metroid (despite the cartridge being all yellow at the back) still work fine. Will check more.

Get a cotton swab, dip it in rubbing alcohol, then swipe it along the inside of the cartridge. Then try and see if it works.

As for bringing back the SNES...YES, PLEASE! I still have mine and love it, but I would pay a great deal for new games.

These newfangled games the youngsters play today are too damned hard...can't figure out the controllers.

I think they can't release the original Mario Parties because some kids crippled their fingers and took legal action (really.)
Stupid kids.

All I want is Wario's Battle Canyon They can shove the other gameboards for all I care.

WARIOS BATTLE CANYON IS LIKE CRACK! WANNNNNNNTTTT!

An exerpt from an IM I had the other day. Enjoy.

have you heard of Raspberry Pi?

no

so it's a computer the size of a deck of cards with enough power to play Quake and Doom. So what I was planning on doing was getting one and loading it with HyperSpin (an emulator front-end) and loading it with NES, SNES, Gameboy, etc. games as well as XBMC media player for watching movies and stuff. Small enough to take it back and forth but powerful enough to be useful

http://www.raspberrypi.org/

6109.imgcache.jpg

Back