Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Since My Claim...

Cloudscum said:
I think this forum needs a makeover too... lets get some psychadelic art and plaster them on the walls, some lava lamps, neon lighting, some chilled out music...

we'll have a be-in
we have to smoke lots of pot first.

I still have my draft card!!!!! (1-h) do you think I could score some large dinero on eBay??

Friday said:
I would think surviving an infinite number of figurative ass reams from the forum mod should be an automatic "in"...no? :D

Surviving shows durability, but remember the saying, "Success is only achieved through repeated failure and introspection."? Durability is only that which enables one to survive failure in order to move on to introspection. Introspection must then follow, and following introspection must be retrial -- and, if necessary, re-failure -- until success is achieved. Further still, success cannot be emulated by simply "toeing the party line," or parroting what others are saying; there is always the possibility, as I've had occasion to point out many times, that the party line is incorrect, and that those who are being parroted have not themselves achieved success.

In short -- you've proven only that you have the potential to achieve success. Logical thinking, like satori, is not easily or quickly achieved. And, like Zen, logical thinking is not the end; it is only the means by which one may finally discern the clearest path to an end one can only choose for oneself. That many may walk that path does not in the least alter the fact that each has chosen for himself or herself.

I was thinkin' shabby chic. We'll talk.... :D

Shabby may work for some. To me, it speaks of a lack of regard for tidiness and aesthetic symmetry in one's surroundings. This is, however, a subjective decision. Fortunately, since the "environment" under discussion is one constructed entirely by the imagination of each mind experiencing it, each participant may order its imagined details according to his or her own taste.

This being a forum that is decidedly on the right side of issues (double meaning intended), the decor should reflect the same. No faggy bean-bag chairs, no hippie tie-dyed bullshit, no "shabby chic" crap. The real name for "shabby chic" is "cheap-ass-thrift store shit".

Nope, this forum shall always feature deep, lustrously shiny leather chairs (with matching ottomans. Recliners are for Rednecks) in the richest brown hues; maplewood end tables, duvets, and across the entire length of the bar; the finest brass fixtures, knobs, and accoutrements; the most decadently thick pile carpet, 60-oz weight or higher, and the finest mohogany book-cases.

Oh, and we're all allowed to smoke cigars in here, whilst drinking bourbon, single-malt scotch, fine wines, or cognac. Deal with the smoke BY GETTING THE FUCK OUT.

'zat all clear?

Oh, one more thing, you are required to TAKE A SHOWER AND CHANGE YOUR CLOTHES ONCE A DAY if you want to hang here. Get a fucking haircut while you're at it, nancy-boy.

it's a stereotype that liberal types all have long hair - a shocking sterotype:rwmad: