Sleeping next to you SO

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
Is this the norm? Do people eventually get their own rooms so they can sleep?

What do you currently do with your SO? What about your parents?

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
My own room? I've got my own APARTMENT so I can sleep! You mean you don't?

And you better leave my parents out of this. I've successfully avoided to think about them sleeping in the same bed for 41 years, and you, Sir, will not make me do so now!

Consumer

Elder Statesman
I always slept in the same bed as my SO. Seemed natural, now adays I tend to sleep with an extra pillow length-wise next to me.

I have heard of couples doing the separate bed-room thing because of snoring. My guess is that it's not unusual, more of an individual choice.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
If it's either whacking your SO with the pillow (and starting to wish it was a more heavy, rigid object) ten times per night or getting your own room, the decision is pretty clear to me :D

Consumer

Elder Statesman
If you make love to them in the middle of the night it stops the snoring for awhile. :D

The Question

Eternal
If it's either whacking your SO with the pillow (and starting to wish it was a more heavy, rigid object) ten times per night or getting your own room, the decision is pretty clear to me :D

Yeah, you can't beat that SO-wacking.

The Question

Eternal
The only woman I ever slept with who snored was in her mid fifties.

What?! None of you have ever had a little Mrs. Robinson thing once?

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Is this the norm? Do people eventually get their own rooms so they can sleep?

What do you currently do with your SO? What about your parents?

I'll get back to you when I can find a girl willing to date a hideous freak like me.:(

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
Dude, if I can find someone, you most definitely can.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Can you motorboat her bewbies?

eloisel

Forever Empress E
At some point people start looking really bad when they first wake up. Both sexes take their teeth out and put them in a jar in the bathroom, remove their other appliances and devices that make them look the way they want to look, snore and drool while they sleep, and then they generally wake up hairier than when they went to bed. While it is noble to think that you will still love your spouse and they will still love you when you both know what the other looks like at your worst, don't count on it. Separate bedrooms can help keep that romance alive. And, sometimes a girl just needs a place where she can hang out in her rags with a good romance novel and a bag of cheetos and a guy needs a place where he can scratch his nuts without someone making a comment about it.

Yub

Anachrophobic
Love me, love all of me and that includes my snoring and morning breath, not to mention the rest of my quirks, idiosyncrasies, bad habits and awful smells. After all, I'm willing to put up with yours.

This should the vow made at weddings. If you're not about dealing with the unpalatable things about your SO, you've got no business being in a relationship of that magnitude in the first place.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
^lol, I'm kind of the same opinion, with the exception of snoring!! ;)

Seriously, I've tried for years to get accustomed to it, but them one day we both decided that my lack of sleep
a) made me too cranky too many times,
b) is not good for my health, something my SO cares about even more than I do,
c) is completely unnecessary as sleeping in different beds will not diminish the love we feel for each other.

So there. :)

Seph

Retired Account
The only woman I ever slept with who snored was in her mid fifties.

What?! None of you have ever had a little Mrs. Robinson thing once?

yeah i had a bunch :D

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
my health, something my SO cares about even more than I do,

Why is that the case? It seems the same on my end. If it was not for me almost shoving her daily medications in her mouth, I doubt she would ever take them.

The Question

Eternal
Consumer said:
Always liked older women...

I seem to have a knack for getting their interest. Older women who are also, coincidentally, taller than I am. First one was my freshman year of high school, my first steady gf was in her senior year. In college, I ended up banging one of my teachers for awhile, though that one was just physical. Then, when I was 22, I ended up with a 33 year old girlfriend I met playing pool at a local bar. But yeah, 33 and 55 is as far as I've ever stretched the age difference.