Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sleeping next to you SO

Why is that the case? It seems the same on my end. If it was not for me almost shoving her daily medications in her mouth, I doubt she would ever take them.
Maybe because you guys are just that awesome?

Seriously, I believe it's a combination of different things.

First of all, in case of my bf, it's a pretty well-developed protective instinct. He knows what's bad for me, so he tries to keep me from being exposed to it even if that becomes a battle of will at times :D ).

Secondly, when it comes to decisions concerning one's own health, I guess most people more often than not decide that the short-term interest (for example get dead drunk, smoke, eating the fat, greasy, yummy stuff, and other unhealthy hobbies) is more important than the long-term goals like keep one's liver, lung, or life.
But, and maybe this is the key, if you really love somebody, you want that person to be happy, healthy, and around for as long as possible, so the priorities are quite clear, and you'll try to achieve those goals.

As for not taking one's medications... I could write a thesis on why I think some people just forget to take their pills again and again and again (and yeah, that happens incredibly often). But since I don't want to dish out theories about the motivations of somebody I don't even know, plus it's probably boring as hell for most people anyway, I'll refrain :D