So they picked the SUPER OFFICAL NBC SAID IT'S CANON AND EVERYTHING Enterprise F!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
It is almost as much of a disgrace to the name Enterprise as the series Enterprise.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Pity there's no forthcoming show or movie in which to use it.

CaptainWacky

In the JJverse it'll be four times as large for some reason.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Phaser envy?

whisky

Boobie inspector
Interesting that in five shows and 11 movies where practically every episode had someone trying to get from the bridge to engineering as fast as possible, they have gone for a ship with no direct access to the stardrive section.

"Warp core breach imminent? Hold on while I take the lift down ten decks, then across to the edge of the saucer, then down the pylon, then back through the... oh no it blew up"

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I like the way the 1st of the also rans seems to have just handed in the enterprise E

Contest Submissions | startrekonline.com

Yes, but it has Voyager's deflector dish, so that makes it a 100% new design!!!

What's annoying is, pretty much all of the designs in that ghosted out background on the website look better than the one we're supposed to be looking at.

The "Enterprise-F" (I'm not going to call it that without sarcastic quotation marks, ever) reminds me of one of these:

734.imgcache.jpg

CaptainWacky

I like how there's a "mark as offensive" button next to all the designs...

whisky

Boobie inspector
You know you would think for an art competition they would show the entries as being larger than about 150 pixels wide.

What were designing it for, a stamp?