Some people just dont get top gear

whisky

Boobie inspector
When I hear people complaining that they don't review cars people can afford, or just act sensibly in general, it makes me wonder why they would watch top gear in the first place.

Its three kids that never grew up having a laugh, and that's all its meant to be.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
its jumped the shark Whisky - it used to be funny, the Schumacher incident was just awful to watch

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Fifth Gear is for people who actually want to buy a car.

Top Gear's just a bit of fun. The people I find annoying are the ones who think that everything in the show is actually genuine, like they're actually having races, which by sheer coincidence always end in a neck and neck finish even if it's a jet fighter versus a penny farthing.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
But it's still at its core, a car show, right? I mean, is it so far removed from being a serious car discussion show that it should be called something else? And am I supposed to be watching it even though I haven't owned a car or needed to drive in 15 years?

(I do watch Cash Cab, that's more in my sphere of familiarity)

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
They do review the odd car, but it's usually either a sports car that no one could afford or at least a sports version of an ordinary car, which will also only be useful for a limited number of people.

I don't own a car and don't want to learn to drive (no point in London), but I still find the show really enjoyable. It has explosions, comedy and celebrity guests. And Hitman doesn't have a bad word to say about it. Yeah, you should watch it. :)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I have watched it a few times, and it was a pleasant experience. But it never became a must-see show for me.

I like it and all, I'm just not a huge fan who extolls its virtues etc.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
What was the Schumacher incident?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
They "revealed" that Schumacher was The Stig and then said "oh, maybe he isn't".

whisky

Boobie inspector
That was so they could put teh new ferrari around teh track, that only Shcumacher is allowed to drive, they are only going to make six and its a rediculous amount of money even millionairs would struggle to afford, looked nice though.

I dont drive either, and I couldnt identify more than a handfull of cars on sight, but it makes me laugh

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
OH