['Special' Special Edition]NOOOOOOOOOOOO![/'Special' Special Edition]

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
He did good work. And never turned into a bitter old bastard like David Prowse.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I BET DOCTOR DAVE FELT THAT A FRAGGLE WOULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER DARTH VADER.

whisky

Boobie inspector
George tried to screw him over too, denied his assistance till Hamill said he deserves the credit due.

What is it with Lucas and Vader, if he isn't screwing over the actors, he is screwing over the character.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Wow, I didn't even know it was a different guy in the fight scenes (though it obviously makes sense in retrospect). He deserves way more credit than David Prowse (who'd give the local public loos an official opening ceremony if you paid him a tenner).

Another one of those "gained the fame he deserved, but only in death" type things, eh?

whisky

Boobie inspector
9 ways Lucas screwed over Vader and the people who played him.

1 Didn't tell Prowse Vader's voice would be dubbed by someone else.
2 Didn't acknowledge Bob Anderson covered the fighting in V and VI till Hamill forced his hand.
3 Decided young Anakin would be best played by the annoying kid from Jingle all the way.
4 Decided the next Anakin would have acting skills that would be considered sub par in Emmerdale.
5 Replaced Sebastian Shaw looking kind and happy as a force ghost with Hayden looking like he was planning a rape.
6 Managed to give Vader a pink lightsaber in the special editions.
7 Nooooooooooooooooooo!
8 as above, but over some good silent acting in VI.
9 Vader/Anakin wins one fight against a force powered opponent in the entire six movies.

Don't believe me?
I no fight, but blows up a battle station by accident.
II loses against Dooku
III wins against Dooku, looses against Obi Wan, technically he could be said to win the fight against the younglings, but yeah, woo hoo, he can beat a four year old, go Vader go!
IV Obi Wan vanishes before end of fight, no win.
V Luke jumps off before end of fight, technically not a win for Vader since he was supposed to kill or turn him.
VI Doing fairly well with Luke, then gets tired after five minutes and kneels down in some vain hope that the boy whose hand he cut off wont return the favour, then shoves an old man down a pit while he isn't looking.

Did I miss any?

CaptainWacky

I think you've probably thought about this too much.

(Now I'm off to rank some female celebrities!)

CaptainWacky

And I don't see why the whole replacing the voice thing was a big deal (even though Prowse tries to make out like it's one.) Every British actor playing a member of the Rebellion had their voice dubbed by an American and I don't remember them complaining. Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru were dubbed (I don't know why actually!) 3PO was originally going to be dubbed before Lucas decided Anthony Daniels' voice worked. Prowse's voice wouldn't have worked for Vader at all. And I can't have sympathy for someone who claims the reason his voice was changed was becasue Lucas wanted to have a black actor in the cast (or so I read on the internet.)

I doubt Lucas has ever sat down and thought "right, let's make Darth Vader look stupid!" some of the stuff you mention is just nit-picking and others just examples of George's growing insanity.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I was busy counting the number of Vaders we have left. I decided 7 was a reasonable figure to start with.

James Earl Jones
Jake Lloyd
Hayden Christensson
Sabastien Shaw
David Prowse

Plus two stand-ins/stunts. One for Anakinder, one for Haydanakin.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Not to mention all the actors who have provided their voice talents in other shows...

CaptainWacky

I was busy counting the number of Vaders we have left. I decided 7 was a reasonable figure to start with.

James Earl Jones
Jake Lloyd
Hayden Christensson
Sabastien Shaw
David Prowse

Plus two stand-ins/stunts. One for Anakinder, one for Haydanakin.

Matt Lanter who voices Anakin in Clone Wars (and is better than Hayden.)

whisky

Boobie inspector
I heard when they were making the clone wars cartoon Hayden offered his services for voice work, but was turned down.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I was only listing the movies to keep things simple, but yeah, the Clone Wars should count.

If you start counting games and other things then it must be 30+.