Star Trek 14 news/countdown thread

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
To be boringly serious, I think they should just say Chekov is First Officer of the Reliant now and show his face on a screen while nice music plays.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Star Trek: Blame It On Kelvin

CaptainWacky

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
The MCU is the Borg of Hoillywood You will be assimilated.

CaptainWacky

He already worked for the MCU before he was in talks for Star Trek (he directed Wandavision.)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
SEE I WAS RIGHT! :scared:

CaptainWacky

Even as it continues to develop the final chapter in its main Star Trek series, Paramount is looking to further explore the IP. The studio has tapped Toby Haynes to direct a new film that expands on the Star Trek universe, with Seth Grahame-Smith penning the script. J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot is producing.

Sources tell Deadline that while plot details are being kept under wraps, the project is an origin story that takes place decades before the 2009 Star Trek film that rebooted the franchise. Insiders add that the final chapter in that main series, Star Trek 4, remains in active development.

Why THE FUCK is it a fucking "origin story" we all fucking know the fucking origin of fucking Star Trek by fucking now, fuck.

CaptainWacky

I swear if they do another fucking Kobayashi Maru scene...

(DISCLAIMER: The one in Prodigy was actually quite good.)

Last edited:

whisky

Boobie inspector
If they could avoid playing sabotage it will break new ground.

whisky

Boobie inspector
It's meant to be fifty years before Kirk, so very young Pike.

Good opportunity for his pram to look like his wheelchair I guess.

StarMan™

It's not the Kelvin-verse then. That Universe splintered off after the Narada incident. Even if it is technically within the spacetime reality we call the Kelvin-verse, everything preceding Nero and co arriving would still be identical to the Prime Universe.

Are these announcements so they have something to report on investor calls? Putting aside my complete ambivalence, I really don't see this happening. Ditto the bizarre suggestion of another Picard / Next-Gen flick.

Additionally, with Shari Redstone (majority shareholder of Paramount with controlling interest) actively seeking a buyer, I wouldn't be comfortable betting on anything not already in front of the camera and recording seeing the light of day. Odd timing, given the overall slump Trek and franchises in general are in ATM.

Oh yeah, and JJ Abrams is involved? Ack.

CaptainWacky

Starfleet High School. Kirk and Spock are Freshmen competing for the attention of popular girls Uhura and Christine Chapel. Scotty is a Senior who uses his transporter skills to transport a bra bomb over strict Headmaster Pike's head. Pike has hidden layers as the single dad to adopted sons Chekov and Sulu, who live in his office because he's so poor. McCoy is the hip young Biology teacher. Khan is the school bully. And this high school? It's a starship! You've heard of school's out for summer? This school's out OF THE SOLAR SYSTERM. Coming fall 2025.

CaptainWacky