Star Trek: Lower Decks

whisky

Boobie inspector
I love how the episode has a nudity warning when you never really see anything.

The line hey that's an anus, was weird, like she's telling someone off for touching an anus, doesn't seem as liberated as the future usually is.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Funny how they got Alice Krige for this but the Borg Queen is being played by a younger actress in Picard season 2...
Well Krige is 67 now, I doubt she'd be thrilled at the prospect of being sealed in that makeup and suit again.

She's not slightly crazy like Brent Spiner who keeps coming back for more every time after he says he's done with Data.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
They could do the make-up with computers!

CaptainWacky

Finale was very good, a lot more serious than the rest of the season (but still some humour.) Personally I prefer that kind of tone! They did the big season finale drama better than Discovery's last finale (remember when they had no oxygen left but kept stopping to give speeches about how much they loved Michael.) Good cliffhanger. Cetacean Ops were cute.

Last edited:

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Everyone knows my opinion on Discovery and Picard so I won't go into it again. I managed 3 or 4 episodes of Lower Decks before tapping out but it didn't anger me like DISCO and Picard did I just didn't find it funny and that frenetic ADHD babbling isn't something I like too much but it was early in the run to call it a total write off so maybe I'll give it another chance at some point.

I would really like to like some new Trek you know. I don't like being grumpy!

CaptainWacky

I gave up I think four episodes into the first season, but came back after being assured episodes 9 and 10 were good and they were! And season two has been solid to good. So yeah it's worth watching.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Weird that this is, like, good Star Trek now. What the in hell?

It sucks that we have two other shows that are in no way Good Star Trek but the silly comedy cartoon is legitimately a more faithful and successful follow-up to the previous series than them. Like, what's going on here?

CaptainWacky

I didn't even realise untl it was over that Captain Gomez was Ensign Selena Sonya Gomez from two TNG episodes.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I saw one of them quite recently (was Q Who? one of them?) so I recognised her straight away. The callbacks in Lower Decks are so much better than the superficial references in Discovery (which usually don’t even make any sense if you give them a moment’s thought).

whisky

Boobie inspector
She was also the triple breasted whore in total recall. I'm glad they didn't bring her back just to kill her.

CaptainWacky

Q Who was the one where she spilled her drink on Picard. She was also in the Pakled episode (hmm.)

whisky

Boobie inspector
I liked that they not only brought back the character but the same actress too.

CaptainWacky

I'll watch it!

CaptainWacky

Has anyone watched the Janeway cartoon or whatever.