Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

The Question

Eternal
I'm loving the enterprise not just flying in atmosphere, but actually hovering.

Mostly because of how upset some people will be about that.
At this point, nobody's going to be upset about that. Because after Discovery, Picard, and all the other Kurtzman dung that's come packaged with the Star Trek brand on it... nobody who would have gotten upset by that even cares anymore.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

SAUSAGEMAN

The titles and plot synopses for the first five eps of SNW seem very promising!!

EP #1 ‘Strange New Worlds’
“Captain Christopher Pike comes out of self-imposed exile to rescue an officer gone missing during a secret mission.”

EP #2 ‘Children of the Comet’
“An ancient alien relic thwarts the Enterprise crew from re-routing a comet on track to strike an inhabited planet.”

EP #3 ‘Ghosts of Illyria’
“Una must confront a secret she’s been hiding when a contagion ravages the ship, incapacitating the rest of the crew.”

EP #4 ‘Momento Mori’
“Pike must find unconventional Starfleet methods to deal with a malevolent force that attacks the Enterprise.”

EP #5 ‘SPOCK AMOK’
A personal visit causes a comedy of errors during Spock & Pike’s crucial negotiations with an unusual alien species.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Please tell me Ep 5 isn't about a young Lwaxana Troi...

CaptainWacky

Episode 5 sounds better than every episode of Discovery and Picard put together and I'm surely not setting myself up for disappointment.

The Question

Eternal
Those... actually do sound pretty TOS-y. Not sure about the title of the 5th. That sounds like one of those draft titles that get discarded before the thing goes to air.

The Question

Eternal
Would she be played by the same actress as number one?
Would be fitting if they had Romijn (spelling?) pulling a triple portrayal of Number One, Christine Chapel, and Lwaxana Troi. Actually, make that a fourplex: Enterprise computer needs a voice.

whisky

Boobie inspector
The amok episode is probably the prequel to amok time where Spock marries T'Pring.

The Question

Eternal
The amok episode is probably the prequel to amok time where Spock marries T'Pring.
Okay, but hadn't they... not seen each other since they were kids, in Amok Time? Pretty sure. Maybe it's her trans sister, T'Prong.

MODMAN

If this sucks and - let's face it - same writers, Akiva Goldsman is at the helm ...

OH BUT IT'S EPISODIC.

Because all of current Trek's woes are because it's serialized. All serialized shows suffer the same issues. Oh wait, they don't? Well then, if they suck at writing in a serialized format, they should be amaze-balls at episodic storytelling - RIGHT?

You know what's coming.

But enjoy the brief spark of hope - in this fleeting moment, we can imagine good times are here again.

But deep down, I think you know this is last chance saloon. If THIS sucks, you know we're completely fucked. Section 31? lol. Ginger and her Academy melodramas? Oh yeah. So much to look forward to.

ALL OUR HOPES REST WITH THE MAN WHO PENNED BATMAN AND ROBIN.

<CUE MANIC LAUGHTER>

CaptainWacky

Not coming to Netflix or Amazon soon.

Cat Costume GIF

CaptainWacky

You wanna know what my vision is? Dollar signs, money! I didn’t build this ship to usher in a new era for humanity. You think I wanna see the stars? I don’t even like to fly! I take trains! I built this ship so I could retire to some tropical island… filled with naked women. THAT’S Zefram Cochrane. THAT’S his vision. This other guy you keep talking about, this historical figure? I never met him. I can’t imagine I ever will.