Star Wars: Andor

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
The build-up to the riot and the pay off were excellent, with the big Fiona Shaw hologram and anvil guy kicking a stormtrooper out his tower. Luthen being moved by the speech was nice. Dedra could have little baby Karns by the next time we see them (if it's a year later!)

It did feel like some of the characters were a bit under-served in the finale? Like Vel? She didn't do much! Cassian himself did one cool slide-shoot. Also there's so many Ferrix characters I never learned the name of so I can't really say I was sad that "that guy who got close-ups sometimes" died or whatever. It was cool when Basso (I learned his name because he's cool) started beating everyone up.

If season two is really only going to be 12 years covering the next four years that's going to be a very differently placed show! I really hope they at least extent it (or decide to do three seasons.)

whisky

Boobie inspector
One of the YouTube's I watched suggested it could carry on after rogue one , obviously without Andor.

I thought his name was Brasso like what everyones nan used to polish their kettles.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
FIGHT THE EMPIRE!

That was an exciting funeral. I loved the giant hologram. lol

I knew Luthen didn't really want to kill Andor. I'm glad it worked out that way at the end.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
FIGHT THE EMPIRE!

That was an exciting funeral. I loved the giant hologram. lol

I knew Luthen didn't really want to kill Andor. I'm glad it worked out that way at the end.
It literally had to work out that way in the end. Cassian Andor is still alive in Rogue One which takes place after this series.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I think Luthan was in shock, he always makes these life and death disissions but I don't think he normally gets to say the chaos in person.

Kyehlar

You Fox Eared Asshole!
Great finale. Lot of it gave me Les Mis vibes during the funeral. I'm sure Syral got some Thank You Sex. Hope they don't needlessly feel the need to add lightsabers and shit in season two for a ratings grab.

MODMAN

I have no complaints - great episode. Those who were underutilized well, their stories will continue next season.

Do 3 seasons, please.

(Just as a side - I've moaned about Trek (new Trek especially) for years. I'm not sure what I wanted exactly, but it sure wasn't what we got. After Andor, I see it. I wanted some of this. Obviously not the same story, but a similar sensibility and maturity of writing.)

Funeral scene / speech gave me chills. Luthen never knew her, but when she spoke of the "darkness at the heart of the galaxy", he was listening. A fellow rebel - destined to never met one another - but both seeing the same thing -- a galaxy asleep and in urgent need of a wake-up call.

CaptainWacky

I thought his name was Brasso like what everyones nan used to polish their kettles.

I think it is and I made a typo/forgot.

Do we think Brasso/Bix/B2EMO/Pipe Bomb Kid/Old Black Lady will all be recruited by the rebellion in season two? They all have useful skills.

SAUSAGEMAN

Ofc, what else are they going to do with their lives. I can see the Daughter of Ferrix woman becoming a big propaganda figure for the rebellion - the massacre on ferrix is probably going to become a big anti-imp rallying cry.

SAUSAGEMAN

i've used the holiday to make a private #keero fanedit set to Sara Bareilles' Gravity that isn't going to ever be made public.

CaptainWacky

He's just a nice guy!!

whisky

Boobie inspector
The fat guy who came with Syril really seemed to have an "are we the bad guys" moment. Maybe why he was sat day drinking at the end.

CaptainWacky

Alex Ferns has had quite the career since he was a wife-beater in Eastenders, he was in The Batman too.

(My mum used to watch it back then OKAY.)