Star Wars Original Trilogy blu-ray

Yes, i bought it...but I despise some of the changes Lucas has made to my beloved films. Mostly, the ending to ROTJ where he replaced the ghost image of Anakin with Hayden Christensen...NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the one change that i refuse to EVER get over!!

Also, I despise the scene in ANH where Han walks over Jabba's slimy tail?? Ok, WTF!????? It looks ridiculous! CGI Jabba looks bad compared to later ROTJ puppet Jabba. They got it right in ROTJ. :)

Regardless of all of the Lucas dark force hatchet jobs done to the OT, the films have never looked better.

And no, I will NEVER buy the prequel trilogy SHIT!!

TOTAL GARBAGE!!!!!!!!

I'm just sayin' is all. :)

What pissed me off is that you have to buy the complete saga to get ANY of the special features...OH WELL...I can live without that!

And yes, I am one of those OLD fans that still wish to see the HD BLU-RAY UNALTERED original trilogies the way they were shown in theaters. I am so sick of Lucas altering the OT to make it somewhat cohesive to his Prequel failures!!

The prequels were FAILED SHIT!!!

That is all. :)

Dr Dave

pillzlol
I don't really care about special features.

I can see why some people want the extras, myself I just want to watch the movie.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I actually refuse to buy Star Wars on blu-ray until they actually pull their finger out and do a good job of it. I'm not just talking about the stupid changes, but also the fact that there's STILL piss poor colours (such as Vader's pink lightsaber in ESB) which havn't been corrected from the DVDs, among other errors. Which is just sloppy work, frankly.

That and the fact that they didn't even bother to rescan the film in 4K and instead used the old 1080p scans from when they did the DVDs. If you've seen Alien or Blade Runner on blu ray you'll know how absolutely stunning a proper 4K scan can make a film look.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I don't really care about special features.

I can see why some people want the extras, myself I just want to watch the movie.

I like extras such as deleted/extended scenes and gag reels. Don't care about the "making of" and other bullshit extras.

SaintLucifer

beer, I want beer
I actually refuse to buy Star Wars on blu-ray until they actually pull their finger out and do a good job of it. I'm not just talking about the stupid changes, but also the fact that there's STILL piss poor colours (such as Vader's pink lightsaber in ESB) which havn't been corrected from the DVDs, among other errors. Which is just sloppy work, frankly.

That and the fact that they didn't even bother to rescan the film in 4K and instead used the old 1080p scans from when they did the DVDs. If you've seen Alien or Blade Runner on blu ray you'll know how absolutely stunning a proper 4K scan can make a film look.

I have this...

4350.imgcache.jpeg

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
The Christensen insert in ROTJ actually makes canonical sense so it's one of the changes I actually like. He does have to stop now though. The movies are quite good already.

For those of us who are not fans of the PT, Hayden Christensen's ghost in ROTJ is like a very hard rape.

I know I was all hating on the PT, but there are some things I like about them. Story wise, it was too political and hard to follow or even care about what was going on. The battle scenes were too overpopulated, like a freakin' traffic jam in space! I enjoyed some of the light sabre battles & a few other things, but mostly it just didn't work for me. I actually downloaded the PT blu-ray rip a couple of days ago. I tried watching bits of them but just couldn't get into them...fast forwarded to some scenes I remembered liking, but could not stomach watching any single film completely through.

I'm not bashing anyone here for liking them though...honest. ;)

I never tire of rewatching the OT. The blu-rays are out of this world FUCKING incredible to view!! Picture is crystal clear, you can make out detail like never before...you can see fine scratches on C3PO. I can tolerate the Lucas changes because the story is still intact, but I still cringe when I see certain changes I hate. Oh well.