Star Wars Uncut

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
The Story:

In 2009, Casey Pugh asked thousands of Internet users to remake "Star Wars: A New Hope" into a fan film, 15 seconds at a time. Contributors were allowed to recreate scenes from Star Wars however they wanted. Within just a few months SWU grew into a wild success. The creativity that poured into the project was unimaginable.

SWU has been featured in documentaries, news features and conferences around the world for its unique appeal. In 2010 we won a Primetime Emmy for Outstanding Creative Achievement In Interactive Media.

We can't thank everyone enough for making this such a special project.

http://StarWarsUncut.com

[YOUTUBE]7ezeYJUz-84[/YOUTUBE]

Okay I've only watched the first twelve minutes but it's good!

Donovan

beer, I want beer
That's pretty funny.

CaptainWacky

I'm definitely going to watch it all!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
The cantina scenes alone make this a classic.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Seen the whole thing, its good, the funniest parts are where they don't slavishly stick to the script though.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
So anyway, how much is Lucas suing them all for?

CaptainWacky

Lucas has always been supportive of fan films.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
I like the bits where they stick faithfully to the script but add their own nuance. I'll never hear Threepio asking "Is there anything ...I can do, sir?" in quite the same way again.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
Going out on a limb here but, based on the header, this is not what I expected to find when I opened this thread.

Fucking off back to SF now.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I like the bits where they stick faithfully to the script but add their own nuance. I'll never hear Threepio asking "Is there anything ...I can do, sir?" in quite the same way again.

Yeah I liked the bit at the end with the subtitles and Chewie was like "At least you guys got a medal!"

CaptainWacky

Maybe a few too many bits with kids just standing in a kitchen saying the lines. At least put them in costumes and dress up a cat!

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
I haven't read this thread, but from the title I'm assuming it's about a Jewish Starwars remake?

CaptainWacky

Natalie Portman.

CaptainWacky

Enkephalen

My Stars!
In 2010 we won a Primetime Emmy for Outstanding Creative Achievement In Interactive Media

Impressive.

I watched the entire film including the credits. It was funny and some of the contributors/actors were actually good at delivering their lines. It is an international contribution.

I liked that they brought in Star Trek characters and costumes along with Tron and one clever reenactment of the famous scene from Ingmar Bergman's The Seventh Seal: a game of chess with Death.

The contributors made do with whatever they had at hand: paper bags (like the Fandango commercial), Jawas on a stick, paper plates and pie tins, a lot of duct tape and electrical tape made cameo appearances and tin foil was featured heavily, garbage cans and mop buckets, and I never knew R2D2 had epaulets.

Sometimes the entire family was involved and and a lot of family pets were used in their offerings. Hot pink was a nice touch for Darth Vader along with rubber duckies and Mr. Potato Head.

All in all it was cleverly executed and I can see why they won that award. Yes, some of the chracters didn't have costumes and just read lines or had instant messages for delivery of their lines, but I'm sure they wouldn't have put those scenes in the movie unless they the producer thought they had some redeeming value.

I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the cleverness and the creativity. Everyone came up with something new and unusual for their parts with contributions from cartoons, paper dolls, stop action photography, and whatevery they could find around the house. Good heavens, real buns and earmuffs for Laya's hair. :)

Seph

Retired Account

CaptainWacky

Unless he sold his old memories to the Chinese.

Seph

Retired Account
I want to smell dark old memories to the Chinese.

CaptainWacky

I WANT TO FUCK EVERYONE.