Tyrant

Possible? Do you play this game?

Tyrant

And then there were 3...

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I love to play.

Tyrant

Well then that's 4. Already a 2 vs 2 over Battlenet.

Or 4 vs. X in a comp stomp.

Used to...rarely have the time anymore.

4 Siege tanks, 6 Marines (bunkered if possible), one Medic and a pair SCV's set up next to a missile tower. Not quite "impossible" to take out...but damm difficult. Have three sets of these, two hunkered down, one building at the edge of range for the siege guns for the dug in. Leap-frog at least two of these "task forces" up to the objective, sprinkle mines and Vultures between them as a reaction force, let any air just filter through unless it gets ridiculous.

Now you know my second favorite strategy (my favorite is how to take that apart playing Protos).

I wonder if it still works?

Tyrant

Has anyone else beaten the Brood War campaigns w/o cheats?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I did. It took forever though. Some of those campaigns were LONG.

Tyrant

So, who's up for some battle.net action?

Dark Link

Morituri te salutant
I used to play, a while ago. I think I still have the discs somewhere...

I've beaten Brood war without using any of the cheats. But you have to be ready for anything. You have to have so many troops, buildings, nukes, dark archons, battleships, scarab squards, queens and infected buildings as possible just to make it through.

Tyrant

^It depends on the mission. Many of them are a real CHORE in every sense of the word, but some will really test your creativity. It's meant for expert players who have beaten the original campaigns, after all.

To be honest, Starcraft and Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge are the only games I've seen which have perfectly balanced factions and that might be a reason why the game hasn't gotten boring to this day.

Final BW Zerg mission: I found a fantastic walkthrough years ago written by some average Joe. You build up a force to destroy the Protoss ASAP so that they can't learn Psionic Storm. After that, it's a cakewalk.

missmanners

grrrrrrrr...
ONOES!!! I went from itching everytime I played as Zerg (and even having nightmares about them) to wanting them as pets.

:(
mm

Grandtheftcow

Grand Wizard of TK
missmanners said:
ONOES!!! I went from itching everytime I played as Zerg (and even having nightmares about them) to wanting them as pets.

:(
mm
You know if you click on an Ultralisk enough times it purrs like a kitty.

Dark Link

Morituri te salutant
Messenger said:
Final BW Zerg mission: I found a fantastic walkthrough years ago written by some average Joe. You build up a force to destroy the Protoss ASAP so that they can't learn Psionic Storm. After that, it's a cakewalk.

Yeah, I built up enough Zerglings for the dreaded "OMG Zurg Rush!" rush of doom. Crushed the Protoss before they could build or learn anything of importance.