Starfleet Academy - It's Happening

StarMan™

‘Star Trek: Starfleet Academy’ Series Officially Announced

Preview:

I will watch if there are tits.

I won't be watching any other Trek after Picard. If you want me to give Trek 90210 a chance, I want tits.

Tits and ass.

And no shortage of smooth, muscular pecs, tight abs and firm butt shots for the ladies (AND anyone ELSE who likes man bits - sorry!). I'd even welcome the occasional flaccid penis.

F-bombs and teen angst won't cut it. Let's R18 the shit out of this premise.

I want moistness.

StarMan™

Oh good god, they've been trying to push this idea for 4 decades and I had no interest in it then and still don't.

And it's set in the 32nd century, given the marketing line about the Academy re-opening after a century. Guess they get to re-use Disco sets + cheap, younger cast.

I honestly thought the premise would go and die as it always has, but here we are. I have never seen an appetite for the idea outside a small minority.

SAUSAGEMAN

i was looking forward to the gossip girl people's version of starfleet academy. this isn't it, but i'll check it out~

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Section 31 pushed back again!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I'm not gonna lie, I will probably watch the whole thing. Even if it is terrible.

CaptainWacky

everywhere...

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
‘Star Trek: Starfleet Academy’ Series Casts Holly Hunter In Lead Role - Deadline

Oscar winner Holly Hunter has been tapped to star in Paramount+’s upcoming series Star Trek: Starfleet Academy. Hunter will play the captain and chancellor of Starfleet Academy in the series which will begin production later this summer.

Produced by CBS Studios, the series will follow the adventures of a new class of Starfleet cadets as they come of age in one of the most legendary places in the galaxy.

Per the logline: Star Trek: Starfleet Academy introduces viewers to a young group of cadets who come together to pursue a common dream of hope and optimism. Under the watchful and demanding eyes of their instructors, they discover what it takes to become Starfleet officers as they navigate blossoming friendships, explosive rivalries, first loves and a new enemy that threatens both the Academy and the Federation itself.

Alex Kurtzman and Noga Landau serve as co-showrunners and executive produce the series alongside executive producers Gaia Violo, Aaron Baiers, Olatunde Osunsanmi, Jenny Lumet, Rod Roddenberry, Trevor Roth, Frank Siracusa and John Weber. The series premiere episode is written by Gaia Violo.

Star Trek: Starfleet Academy is produced by CBS Studios in association with Secret Hideout and Roddenberry Entertainment. The series is distributed by Paramount Global Content Distribution.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
C'MON SHE'S ELASTAGIRL SHE'LL BE GREAT

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I don't hate the premise of Starfleet: Academy. It could be alright. Maybe. Every time I think about Section 31, I want to gag.

CaptainWacky

Can't wait for the twist at the end of the first episode where it turns out she's actually the "captain and chancellor" (which is a really odd way to phrase it?) of the EVIL Starflett Academy from THE MIRROR UNIVERSE and she puts on a Hitler moustache.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I just get strong Geneive Bujou vibes to this announcement.

She'll probably be replaced by the wife in married with children

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I just get strong Geneive Bujou vibes to this announcement.

She'll probably be replaced by the wife in married with children
OMG that was my first thought too, that Holly wouldn't blend with the crushing schedule of hourlong TV. Or that she'd get into long drawn-out arguments with the directors / writers about the innermost details of her character. BUT WE'LL SEE.