Stem Cell Research

So apparently now governors and state legislatures are appropriating funds to be used for stem cell research. This bypasses the veto from GW the other day. State's Rights.

Grammour Boy said:
What about those unused embryos that are simply flushed down the toilet at fertility clinics? Isn't that murder?

Yup. But it's not federally-funded murder. Nice to see you and Patti Davis completely obfuscate that fact.

Everytime you masturbate you murder!?!?!?!!??!!?!?

At least thats the kind of logic I'm seeing from the anti-stem cell side.

When Bush gave his reasoning, he did so surrounded by children who wouldn't be born if it weren't for stem cell research. Hmmm...

I guess than masturbation would be murder as well. All those little sperm swimming around to their inevitable doom...

See, here's the problem I have with debating Liberals: They don't like to include all the facts. Grammour Boy and Patti Davis stated that President Bush basically outlawed stem cell research using "embryos that would be destroyed anyway".

While that would certainly support their position that the Bush Administration is a bunch of anti-science, religious zealots, the statement is not factual.

President Bush did not make it illegal to pursue stem cell research; he merely vetoed a bill that would allow Federal Funds to be used for stem cell research. In essence, he protected those taxpayers who are against stem cell research from contributing to something they are vehemently against. Scientists are perfectly free to pursue stem cell research to their hearts' content, they just have to use private funds. So what's the problem with that?

Is that rational enough for you, Hambil, or does laying out all the facts make you cringe?

Big Dick McGee said:
In essence, he protected those taxpayers who are against stem cell research from contributing to something they are vehemently against.

Nevermind that up to 72% of the American public support federal funding for stem cell research.

Only 2 more years folks and the nut will fall out of the tree.

Back