Stephen Fry Meltdown #49696

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
The reason that has caused controversy is that it is awfully close to the truth.

If you admit it as a heterosexual male, you are admitting that you don't get a lot of sex, or that your partner isn't screaming the house down every time you get your knob out.

Women in long term relationships need less and less sex. Unless they are one of the very few women who enjoy regular penetrative sex.

Annie Hall's Therapist: Do you have sex often?
Alvy Singer: [lamenting] Hardly ever. Maybe three times a week.
Annie Hall: [annoyed] Constantly. I'd say three times a week.

Yub

Anachrophobic
I would have to concur. They more often than not control the sexual side of a relationship, denying or allowing access. In times past it was "I've got a headache" but they don't even need that excuse anymore. It can just be "no" and that's it. There is a reason why we see female whores work the corners and the male ones don't, there's more of the former because the demand is greater.

Of course, you can't accuse them of their power-mongering and sexual entrapment, that's "misogynistic", whereas when women accuse men of similar that's "feminism".

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
I think you have stepped a little too far in the "entrapment" arguement. It's about a compromise, Men would have sex in the morning before going to work, nip back at lunchtime for a quickie, then have rampant sex at night.

Just because a lot of women don't want that much sex, doesn't mean there is a power or dominance factor. It just means they don't like it as often.

Men don't need sex to be "special", but they need to treat it as "special" within a long term relationship to get it more often.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
His tweets really are quite dull, though.

Yub

Anachrophobic
I have encountered far too many women who use their sex to snag a man, only to hold him to ransom sexually, expecting fidelity and compliance thanks to their vajajay.

Thankfully I've only had first hand experience of this once. However, being the anomalous male that I am, I had a gaggle of friends that were girls and few males friends in high school and beyond and this mindset is prevalent and sickening to behold. Sadly most people don't get beyond being a stupid teenager emotionally and sexually.

Of course, real grown ups compromise. It's part of being in an adult long term relationship. And the fact is that men want their end wet and women want snuggles and kittens and flowers and not rumbustious nightly intercourse.

At any rate the British empire was built on girls "lying back and thinking of England", yes?

Don't stand by your man, girls. Lay down legs akimbo for him. Fry was right; sex, whether enjoyed or not is the price most women will pay for having a bloke around.

I'm rather tired and I'm rambling. Cohesion of thoughts at 24%, Keptin. Shut down the main computer. Yawn.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Men and women just want different things though.

For a woman foreplay might be kissing her neck, caressing her boobs, stroking her thighs and finally pussy.

Whereas for a man its "rub my cock"

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I feel I need to jump in here. I love sex. LOVE LOVE LOVE

I've never used it as a weapon or as a gift. I'm just as horny as any man, and yeah, I'll do it before work too, and come home for a quickie, and jump his bones as soon as he walks through the door. I must be that rare, rare woman you eluded to earlier. I hate women who use sex as a power trip because he didn't hold her hand at the movies so no pussy for him. Can't stand those bitches. Give me dick, and give me lots of it. :)

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

CaptainWacky

Well he claims he was misquoted and was "only joking" now anyway.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I think it's just like it says somewhere in that article, it's the kind of thought you toss back and forth in a chat down the pub. Not necessarily a concrete watertight train of thought that you'd want to be quoted on, as if it were a solid opinion, but you feel like you might be onto something deep down.

Although if he thinks women aren't as interested in casual sex as blokes are, then maybe he hasn't been in a pub for quite a while. What he says may be true for men who are in longterm relationships and marriages, but for the average singleton, sex is still about no-strings fun, regardless of whether it's with another man or a woman.

CaptainWacky

He's banned becaue he wins all the pub quizes!!!!!!!1

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Gender aside all PEOPLE have differing sex drives. I don't agree for a second that women don't enjoy sex or even the argument that they enjoy it but less than men.

Far too many variables.

CaptainWacky

I definitely have a lower sex drive than Tisi.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I don't know whether to take that as an insult or a compliment...

Yub

Anachrophobic
If things ever go catastrophically pear shaped with my wife and family [God forbid, I'm actually rather happy with it] I'm looking Tisi up.

CaptainWacky

Yeah, I'm sure she's really happy to hear that.