Stolen 2004 election

Caitrona wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised at all. The Republicans hand Democrats a record of graft, bribery, & corruption charges, lies, ineffectiveness etc, and this is the best they can come up with to run on.

The Democrats are incompetent, they just hand elections to the Republicans, we don't even have to try. Look at Algore's campaign. The man was an incumbent who could have run on the 1) great economy and 2) his association with Clinton. Instead, he tried to run on his "own" merits, and spent all his time running down his opponents. Good plan, Al.

-Ogami

Ogami said:
Caitrona wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised at all. The Republicans hand Democrats a record of graft, bribery, & corruption charges, lies, ineffectiveness etc, and this is the best they can come up with to run on.

The Democrats are incompetent, they just hand elections to the Republicans, we don't even have to try. Look at Algore's campaign. The man was an incumbent who could have run on the 1) great economy and 2) his association with Clinton. Instead, he tried to run on his "own" merits, and spent all his time running down his opponents. Good plan, Al.

-Ogami

Agreed. The campaign was poorly run in 2000.

Democrats need to pull their heads out of the 'pity pot' they've found themselves in and lead us to solutions if they want to win. LEAD!!! Otherwise they are as useless, to someone like me, as the current Administration is.

Both party's are like two squabbling kids in the other room, and I'm tired of listening to them. I just want to smack them both, and I don't care who did it first.

SSgt_Sniper said:
And I'm not going into depth with you about conspiracy BS, because I don't A.) have the time, or B.) have the want to bash my head into a wall since like most, I seriously doubt I can change your opinion in the least.
It's not an opinion. It's a conclusion. The conversation would be nothing more than me providing you with information, and you focusing on how 'convinced' I am of this and that.

Starburn said:
Yes it is.
No, fuckwit, it's about the insidious tactics the opposition used in order to unfairly occupy the White House. I couldn't give a damn about Kerry, because his foreign policy would be just as fucked up as Bush's.

Messenger said:
No, fuckwit, it's about the insidious tactics the opposition used in order to unfairly occupy the White House. I couldn't give a damn about Kerry, because his foreign policy would be just as fucked up as Bush's.
No shitstain, it's a popularity contest, IE, Kerry sucked more than Bush. But if you want somebody to blame, blame the Hildibeast.
Her and Slick didn't want Kerry to get in the way of her chances to run in "08".
Be afraid..... Be very afraid.

^
Republicans prevented more than 350,000 voters in Ohio from casting ballots or having their votes counted -- enough to have put John Kerry in the White House. BY ROBERT F. KENNEDY JR.

If you don't even bother to read, your opinion is meaningless. Kindly fuck off.

Messenger wrote:

No, fuckwit, it's about the insidious tactics the opposition used in order to unfairly occupy the White House.

In his autobiography, House Speaker Tip O'Neal talked about how they played hardball back in the old days. Hecklers are a problem at every speaking event for a politician. O'Neal would send tough guys out into the crowd, and they'd walk up to them and squeeze their balls. That shut them up.

Today's politics may seem 'insidious', but not by oldtime standards.

-Ogami

It's really quite easy to deny the 2004 election being stolen. Simply say "I don't believe in statistics" three times, and ignore disproportionate spoilage rates and any reports about what actually went on in the polls.

When the election passed, I told everybody that the margin of popular victory was well within the margin for error and fraud, and that we would never know whether or not the 2004 election properly belonged to Bush, by electors or by popular acclaim. Apparently some people are working hard to deny my estimate; I had no idea anybody with funding would be taking a serious look at spoilage in 2004.

And if you don't want to hear complaints, push for a nice secure and accountable electoral system. Only then will you be able to say "No, this could not have happened, stop bothering me."

To deny the 2000 election having been stolen, of course, is much harder. By the rules, it should have gone to Gore; by the principles, it should have gone to Gore; and by anything except fiat, it should have gone to Gore. The numbers are quite clear. The sad thing, though, is that almost nobody cares about the 2000 election anymore. It's been buried.

Republicans prevented more than 350,000 voters in Ohio from casting ballots or having their votes counted -- enough to have put John Kerry in the White House. BY ROBERT F. KENNEDY JR.
Sore......Loser. :roll:

Welcome to American politics. Democracy is nothing more than a civilized method of keeping us from bashing each other to death. As Churchill said, it's the worst system in the world except for every other one.

Here's a historical trivia point for you: LBJ, when running for senator from Texas, used every dirty trick available...including the graveyard vote...to get elected. He then became Kennedy's running mate in 1960 and later wound up in the White House...Vietnam...all that stuff. Had he run a clean election, he probably would have been beaten by his opponent, and history would be different.

American politics are dirty, underhanded, and have enough loopholes to make you forsake the human race. But it keeps us from fucking killing each other. Did the Republicans steal the 2004 election? Yeah, probably. Blame it on the Democrats for not fighting dirty.

Starburn said:
Messenger said:
Gore lost, deal with it, old news, who cares?
So did Kerry.Deal with it, old news, who cares?
This was sarcastic and satire of yourself, you fucking moron.

NO.
Yeah. It must be true because it's on the web. :roll:
It's all nothing but a conspiracy theory.
Then I'm sure you'll have absolutely no trouble disproving it without resorting to 'oh rolly polly eyeball, conspiracy theory, yawn yeah right.'

Emery County: Ex-clerk at center of machine politics

To anti-electronic voting activists, the 23-year veteran clerk, forced out of office in March after he allowed independent computer experts to examine an Emery County voting machine, is nothing less than a martyr to democracy.
To shocked computer experts and electronic voting certification officials from California to Pennsylvania, Funk is a whistle-blower who uncovered a severe security problem in Diebold's machines.

http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_3890918

Back