Story for the day (Monday)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Stuart was at a loss. He knew the computer, the intelligence, whatever, had done something to Leslie. Changed her memory, in some way. She'd found something important, something she wanted to tell him. So they had removed that from her mind and replaced it with the false discovery that chickens say moo. And she'd gone mad. There was no getting the truth out of her now. There was no getting the truth out of the computer either. It was clear that the computer was running things now, making decisions without Stuart. Maybe it had been that way all along.

Stuart felt a crushing feeling of helpness. He had to sit down. The floor was against him too! He had to stand up. The feeling was physical. It was all over him. His own mind was turning against him, mocking him, cruelly. He'd always suspected the truth. He was just as much a puppet as the rest of them. Maybe even more so. OH GOD, his chest. A panic attack. He hadn't had one of those for a very long time. He hated it, he wanted it to go away...yet he held his nano bots off for the longest time. He wanted to see if he could recover without them, through sheer force of will.

He couldn't.

He loosed the nano bots into his blood stream. He was a slave to them. He was nothing. He walked quickly, the whole facility looking like a blur. He went to Glen's tree. Glen wouldn't speak to him. He said he was in "tree mode". He went to the gardens. Susan was still running about pretending to be a cat. She kept asking him to stroke her. Finally he did and gave up on getting anything intelligent out of her. He decided it was time to see Isaac and Mindy. Susan followed him, purring.

He'd never found Isaac and Mindy very interesting. Not in the last thousand years anyway. They both slept a lot. Isaac was crazy. Not in the same way as Leslie. He'd just went crazy naturally. Mindy? He'd slept with her a lot over the years. But she was nothing compared to Lisa. They had a room together where they both slept and sometimes fucked. As far as he knew. He hadn't bothered checking on them since getting up.

He went to their room. The door was open.

"Hi guys," he said, going on, not even looking around. They were both lying together on bed. Mindy was asleep, but Isaac looked awake.

"Stuart," said Isaac, flatly. "Haven't seen you in a while."

"Been sleeping," he said.

"Me too," said Isaac. "You can't eat babies, it's just not right."

"So still crazy then," Stuart obseved. The crushing feeling of pointlessness was back.

"Yeah," said Isaac. "You can't crucify a jellyfish."

"You probably can," said Stuart.

"FUCK YOU!" said Isaac, shutting his eyes.

"So glad I came..." said Stuart, walking out in disgust.

"Oh, there's one thing I had to tell you," said Isaac. Stuart stopped in the doorway.

"What? Something about giant mangos? That's usually what you say, if I recall," he had erased most of his memories of Isaac, but the few he had left mentioned giant mangos.

"PURR, PURR," said Susan, licking Mindy then curling up at her feet on the bed.

"Hey, this is our bed, you stinking dog!" said Isaac.

"I'm a cat!" said Susan.

"WHAT DID YOU HAVE TO TELL ME?" shouted Stuart, using the nanos to make himself sound more authoritive.

"Oh, that," said Isaac. "It's about chickens. They say moo."

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Those chickens are tricksy!

I'm glad you came back to this one Wackster.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Jesus brought me back to it.