Story for the day (Saturday)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
John had his hands fixed around Stuart's throat, a demented look in his eyes.

"BEEN SO LONG, WE REALLY MUST CATCH UP...IN HELL!" he said, choking as hard as he could. The Nursebot just watched, impassive.

"P...please...n...not in front of L...Leslie!" Stuart manage to get out.

"HAHAHAHA, she's a vegetable! A VEGGIE TABLE! She can't see me kill you!"

"It's disrespectful," said Stuart. John had loosened his grip for a moment.

"Fine," he said, sighing and threw Stuart across the room. He ran over to him, combining the run with a kick in the ribs, which turned Stuart over to his back. John sat a straddle him, choking again. "DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!" he said.

"Boring!" said the Glenbot, opening its eyes.

"Fuck off Glen, you're in a tree!" said John.

"Yeah, that's right," said the Glenbot, shutting its eyes.

"Humans," said the Nursebot, with a shrug.

"DIE DIE DIE YOU FUCKING SCUMMER...THING...YOU SUCK...DIE!" said John, choking and choking long past the point where Stuart could possibly still be alive. He let go.

"You done?" asked Stuart, unimpressed.

"NO, NO, NOT UNTIL YOU FRY IN THE FIERY PITS OF SATAN'S ARMS, HAHAHA, DIE DIE DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" said John, choking again. "Of course, I know you won't really die. I know it's impossible to destroy our physical bodies here. We've all tried! This place...whatveve the intelligence in charge is, it'll keep us alive. Forever. No matter what. DIEEEEEE!"

"So why are you doing it then?" asked Stuart a few minutes later, when John finally let up again.

"Because I'm pretending to be mad. DUH!"

"You did that before. A few times. Quite a few times."

"IT'S FUN YOU DIRTY MOTHER!" and he punched Stuart in the face to no reaction. "Damn it, you even turned off your pain receptors! You're not fun! More than anyone you refuse to play the game! One time I scared Leslie so much that she shat her pants! She forgot to turn off her pants-shitting mechanism, I guess! Maybe I put her in the coma, haha!"

"No, you didn't."

"No, I guess not...it was 385 years before the coma. Still...DIEEEEE!"

"No."

"What's the point of all this, Stuart?" Almost a flash of panic there, but there was no way he could know.

"There is no point," said Stuart, almost truthfully. Sometimes he thought that.

"Yeah, you're right. Still...poor Leslie. You know, finding out what happened to her would be something worthwhile, at least, something REAL to do...but I tried that. Didn't find out anything. She's just...gone. So I have to pretend to be mad instead. A MAD MURDERER, DIEEEE!"

"Want to hang out?" asked Stuart. He may as well, there was every chance John could end up in a near catatonic state, if not in the same state as Leslie soon...despite what the Nursebot said.

"Want to have sex while we're on the ground?" asked John. "I wasn't gay in my old life, I always tell myself that. But here, I've probably had more gay sex than any normal human!"

"Do you still remember them? Normal humans?"

"I see them in VR all the time," said John, with a shrug. This disappointed Stuart. John was quite dense, he thought to himself, certainly when compared to Glen. Still, his penis was fucking huge.

"Get it out then," said Stuart.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I love the dark and slightly creepy humor of it all.