Summer Glau NEWS

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
http://www.televisionaryblog.com/2010/03/channel-surfing-glau-to-don-cape-parks.html

It was only a matter of time before someone snapped up River Tam. Former Firefly and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles star Summer Glau, who most recently appeared in a multiple-episode story arc on Dollhouse this season, has landed one of the leads in NBC's vigilante drama pilot The Cape. Project, from writer Tom Wheeler and directed by Simon West, revolves around a a disgraced former cop (David Lyons), framed for a crime he didn't commit, who becomes a costumed vigilante in order to clear his name. Glau will star opposite Lyons, James Frain, and Dorian Missick, and will play Orwell, described as "a cute and intrepid investigative blogger who fearlessly goes after corrupt cops and costumed bad guys" and who "gets physical and is quite capable of kicking ass." If that isn't a part made for Glau, I don't know what is. (Hollywood Reporter)

I'm sorry you guys will have to download such a terrible sounding show to get your Glau fix. I will watch it with you, so we can support all things Glau together.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
She's also starring in a Lifetime film called "Deadly Honeymoon" where she wears a wedding dress.

But I don't suppose it could be worse than "Mammoth" was...

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Oooohhh...I had forgotten about Mammoth.

That's like that Fire & Ice one Amy Acker starred in. Sooooo bad.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Maybe this will be good like Flashforward wasn't!

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
This does sound a bit, uh...odd. What bloggers do we know who go out and kick criminal's asses?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
ISHCABITTLE, THE BLOGGING SUPERHERO!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
He saved me from a rapist. I've never forgiven him.

Dirk Funk

Evil Penguin
I'm sorry you guys will have to download such a terrible sounding show to get your Glau fix. I will watch it with you, so we can support all things Glau together.

Thank you for this bit of news. Looks like I'll be DVRing this. I'll watch anything with Summer in it.

Yub

Anachrophobic
I knew this would happen. Not the Glau acting in a series beneath her bit but the crapastic series about a ordinary guy superhero. If Kick Ass is going to be as big as it looks like, we can expect more of this and possibly another round or six of Stan Lee's shitty superhero reality show. It's going to make superheroes and comics much more mainstream than they are now, which is probably going to lead to another surge like the 90's which although it got me into comics, sucked for the industry creatively. Deadpool will become the new Batman and have a cartoon show in which he doesn't kill anyone and instead works in tandem with a cop to solve mysteries with a cute sidekick.
The TV rights to Transmetropolitan will be bought by NBC. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria.