Summer Plans

Friday

Bazinga!
My summer vacation starts today. Two whole months just for MEEEEE!

What are your plans? Traveling? Soaking up the rays? Surfing at the beach?

My plans are very simple--sleep, eat, watch DVDs I purchased during the year but didn't have time to watch, catch up on my Netflix, a weekend or two at the beach house, go see some movies that are coming out (Green Lantern being the first one).

I'd do more, but this summer it was a trade-off. Work over the summer to have money to travel, or take the whole damn summer off and just relax around town.

I chose the lazier, more fun route.

So. Summer. Whatchadoin'?

Dr Dave

pillzlol
Apart from looking for work, I plan to do walking and what not.

At the end of August I will be going to Canada, which will be fun.

Friday

Bazinga!
Looking for work sucks. I hope you find something soon!

Where in Canada are you going? That sounds like a blast.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Trying not to melt.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
OH CASSIE IF YOU ONLY KNEW HOW COLD IT IS HERE

I am actually wearing my thermal hoodie right now. :(

I will trade you some cool weather for some FLorida warmth!

WHY CANT THE WEATHER JUST GET ALONG [with us]?!?!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I'LL TRADE YOU FOR A DEFAULT MEDAL :rwmad:

It's hot, and it hasn't rained properly for two months, except once when it rained so much I thought we were ALL GOING TO DIE.

Friday

Bazinga!
Curious, where do you live that's so cold?

Loktar, there are usually LOTS of free concerts and movies during the summer. Swimming and walking sound like you're on the way to a healthier you. Yay!

Cassie, if it gets too hot for ya, take advantage of all the free places with AC--malls, libraries, etc.

It seems really strange right now not having any work to do for next week--no lesson planning, no grading, no IEP goals to fill out, no administration to rally against. I must admit to feeling a bit adrift at the moment. Hopefully, I'll adjust to my vacation persona soon...

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I'm going to travel the world killing everyone who has ever posted on TK.

Friday

Bazinga!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Wonderfully ironic for me, kinda like a "Time Enough at Last" type of thing.

Will I be spared if I delete all my posts?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I have a/c, but it's hard to work on my garden from inside the house. It's already sweltering by 8am. PLEASE RAIN SOON, DEAR LORD BABY JESUS.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Loktar, there are usually LOTS of free concerts and movies during the summer. Swimming and walking sound like you're on the way to a healthier you. Yay!

Yeah, there's the Alive at 5 concert series in nearby Albany and my brother tends to win free tickets to events from radio stations or trade in points from answering trivia questions.

Summer plans took a backstep last night. Hung out with friends and played beer pong and Never Have I ever, and watched Constantine.

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
Dude, the last Summer Vacation I can ever remember taking was back when I was in High school..many many moons ago.

For me, its work as usual...year round! :(