Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teach me Communism

MessengerX said:
I read 1984. Is that like Communism? Does the party delude itself?

The entire theory is deluded, yes.

I'd like some input from Communists. Who should I follow?

Any dissident of Communism will do. You seem enamored of the sales pitch and unwilling to look at the bill.

The Question said:
Any dissident of Communism will do. You seem enamored of the sales pitch and unwilling to look at the bill.
Communist countries had a hard time, and so did the people living in them. That is an understatement.

What if it was global? They wouldn't have to spend so much on arms.

MessengerX said:
I read some kind of quote that philosophers analyse the world, and that it's the job of Communists to change it.

Which I'm guessing is a quote from a Party mouthpiece, yes?

Aren't their aims good?

It doesn't really matter if their intentions are good, or not, when the suffering and death Communism has brought on the human species has dwarfed that of every other political movement in history. And since they better than anyone should know what the price in human suffering and human lives is for adopting Communism, and are championing it anyway, how good could their intentions possibly be?

The Question said:
Which I'm guessing is a quote from a Party mouthpiece, yes?
"However, Marx famously asserted in the eleventh of his Theses on Feuerbach that "philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point however is to change it", and he clearly dedicated himself to trying to alter the world."

Commodity fetishism is an example of what Engels called false consciousness, which is closely related to the understanding of ideology. By ideology they meant ideas that reflect the interests of a particular class at a particular time in history, but which are presented as universal and eternal. Marx and Engels' point was not only that such beliefs are at best half-truths; they serve an important political function. Put another way, the control that one class exercises over the means of production includes not only the production of food or manufactured goods; it includes the production of ideas as well (this provides one possible explanation for why members of a subordinate class may hold ideas contrary to their own interests).
That seems to make sense.

It doesn't really matter if their intentions are good, or not, when the suffering and death Communism has brought on the human species has dwarfed that of every other political movement in history. And since they better than anyone should know what the price in human suffering and human lives is for adopting Communism, and are championing it anyway, how good could their intentions possibly be?
There is a contradiction in that Communism is against any forms of national chauvanism, but a lot of third world countries try to adopt it for exactly those reasons.

http://www.communism.org/

That site is interesting. It claims that true Communism has not been achieved at all, in any 'Communist' state, that the party has replaced the bourgeois.

http://struggle.net/proletarism/index.htm?cco
police%20state.gif

In communist society, where nobody has one exclusive sphere of activity but each can become accomplished in any branch he wishes, society regulates the general production and thus makes it possible for me to do one thing today and another tomorrow, to hunt in the morning, fish in the afternoon, rear cattle in the evening, criticise after dinner, just as I have a mind, without ever becoming hunter, fisherman, herdsman or critic.
This defies comparative advantage.

MessengerX said:
It claims that true Communism has not been achieved at all, in any 'Communist' state, that the party has replaced the bourgeois.

I believe I not only told you that, but told you why, as well. What Communist fanboys think of as "true" Communism has never existed, does not now exist and never will exist, because it is a fantasy based on fantasy. Thus, we can fairly say that the only true Communism is, in fact, the Communism which has actually been practiced in the real world. Again, the former is just the sales pitch. It's a scam.

The Question said:
I believe I not only told you that, but told you why, as well. What Communist fanboys think of as "true" Communism has never existed, does not now exist and never will exist, because it is a fantasy based on fantasy. Thus, we can fairly say that the only true Communism is, in fact, the Communism which has actually been practiced in the real world. Again, the former is just the sales pitch. It's a scam.

left_ecosystem.gif

What's the alternative? What do we turn to?

I think it's X and the mouse in his pocket. The mouse is his Main handle.

WordInterrupted said:
Ever heard of rational choice theory, the foundation of free market ideology?

Yes, I've heard of RCT, as well as the intermediary theory, Exchange Theory. However, "free market" is not an ideology -- Capitalism is the ideology you're thinking of, and it's one which attempts, again, to apply the general theory to large groups when it enters practice. Because it attempts to generalize the behaviors of groups (as, again, all ideologies do) it is not a perfect ideology.

MessengerX said:
Humanity! Should we follow the left, or the right?

This is a perfect example of an ideological question. Humanity is not a person; it is composed of persons, and each person should determine his or her own course.

The Question said:
This is a perfect example of an ideological question. Humanity is not a person; it is composed of persons, and each person should determine his or her own course.
You mean Anarchy?

MessengerX said:
You mean Anarchy?

No, I don't mean Anarchy. Anarchy is another ideology, now isn't it? Do you really need a shepherd? Why are you such a sheep? And to prevent you from asking, no you can't be a Questionist.

The Question said:
No, I don't mean Anarchy. Anarchy is another ideology, now isn't it? Do you really need a shepherd? Why are you such a sheep? And to prevent you from asking, no you can't be a Questionist.
That's exactly what Anarchy is. Calling it an ideology is like saying Atheism is a religion, yes, but it's the best word for what you are describing.