Tell me about Free WiFi

Mirah

I love you
I thought it would be alot more enjoyable than this, but so far my experience is that its stupid.

I wanted to get out of my house today and sit at a coffee shop to do some research but this place has only 2 hours.

I typed in "free wifi (location)" into google, I dont' know it just seems like too much of a hassle.

Plus I am too distracted by things around me, so this is unproductive.

Anyone want to convince me otherwise, and also give me pointers on finding the best free wifi places?!

Thanks!

ToeRag

Fucked Bunny
Anyone want to convince me otherwise, and also give me pointers on finding the best free wifi places?!

in a word - no - if typing in 2 dozen characters is too much effort for your easily distracted brain then i think you are the problem not wifi - you fucking idiot

SaintLucifer

beer, I want beer
I thought it would be alot more enjoyable than this, but so far my experience is that its stupid.

I wanted to get out of my house today and sit at a coffee shop to do some research but this place has only 2 hours.

I typed in "free wifi (location)" into google, I dont' know it just seems like too much of a hassle.

Thanks!

You think there is such a thing as 'free' WIFI, or 'free' ANYTHING in the CAPITAL of world capitalism? You sir, are a fucking MORON.

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box

Thanks!

Try McDonalds. They have free WiFi (at least the ones downtown do). Also, I believe Starbucks has Free WiFi as well.

Personally I have a Verizon USB card that I simply plug into my Laptop, and can get on-line almost anywhere.

Runs close to $60/mo, but for me..its worth it!

Ishcabittle

starbucks is attwifi, so only free if you have an att DSL account.

Bickendan

Shifty sumbitch

Thanks!

You'll want to go to Fred Meyer or Safeway and use their wifi.

Dr. Death

Free Wifi is out there. Most of the time all you have to do is have your computer tell you what Wifi networks are in the area. Google can't do this for you. You have to ask Windows (assuming you run Windows) to find all available Wifi connections. Then pick the one that isn't protected. Be sure though not to make sure none of your drives or folders are set to share or you could be letting hackers right on in.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Philly has free wifi. It may be free internet, but it's wifi with dialup speeds. If I'm using my iPhone downtown, I always turn off the wifi. My 3G connection is so much faster.

When looking for free wifi, I just aim towards coffee shops around college campuses. University City in W. Philly is loaded with them. I'm never really over there much, but I know they're there.