THANKSGIVING EVE

Oh, no! No more Lok until tomorrow! Unless he can sneak a few posts inbetween dinner and everyone falling asleep right aftewards from all the turkey.

How big is your Turkey Day gobbler, Lok?

I don't know. It was all sliced up and brought in too big pans(one dark meat, one white meat). They also brought pulled pork. And stuffing, turnips, broccoli and cheese, corn, rolls, cheesy potatos, squash, pound cake, and chocolate cream pie with whip cream. Appetizers: olives, cheese, grapes, pickles, crackers.

I'm actually all done now with the Turkey Day dinner. They came about noon and left about 2 PM. Brought plastic silverware and paper plates and cups for easy clean up. I'm free now the rest of the day until Turkey Day Leftover dinner tonight.

Just finished stuffing my face. IT WAS SO GOOOOOOOD. The ham was the best ham.

Had a really nice dinner in the early afternoon, so that my niece could go off with friends to the Jets-Patriots game. Her friend's dad has season tix, right near the field.

Most of the family left before the game started on TV (8:30PM!), and the few of us that stayed were quickly horrified at how the Pats ran over the Jets with a tank before halftime. My sister takes her Jets fandom seriously -- she muted the TV and we started cleaning up the kitchen instead of watching the rest of the game.

She'll bounce back tomorrow, but this has not been a good season for her.

I made really nice mashed sweet potatoes with ginger, maple, pumpkin seasoning and I used agave to keep it sweet. And then I mashed yams with cauliflower (and a small parsnip) then I flavored it with gr onions, chives and parsley and garlic.

Back