That awkward moment when Conchaga says "I told you so."

missmanners

grrrrrrrr...
Well, there's this

First of all I moved this thread by accident when I was moving Darthsikles spam threads out of QSF. Just a tiny accidental arrow click and we get to enjoy more indignant rage. :apopcorn:

My God everyone is fucking angst ridden today.

My stance is that there should be no admin abuse at all.

You are massively oversimplifying things. It may seem quite simple to run a board like TK and just let it all kick off and be a chaos ridden free-for-all but I do sort of have higher aspirations for the place. You can all chuckle now...

Look, here's the deal: I reversed what Conchaga did to Charles and now Aquehonga is out of DC and I can safely say there will be no more admin button trolling. I am to blame for not taking a firm position after the Charles incident and making it clear to all that we are made and broken by our consistency even if it may be fun to change Luci's text pink and what-not. From this point forward there will be no more "admin abuse" and everyone will be treated equally and fairly no matter how obtuse they are and DC will be used only for serious breaches of the rules.

There. It's now policy. I would also note that this has NEVER before been policy in the lifetime of TK.

What I said about coming down harder on those who dribble all over the place is still relevant though. I want on topic forums, a cut down on junk spam in all but one or two places and a general effort made to make the board more enjoyable for everyone. Thats what the staff do and I am very thankful to all of them for doing it. I have not been able to lead from the front very effectively because I am an insanely busy person especially of late and so I trust my staff to be autonomous and make decisions like whether idiots are dribbling everywhere (being purposefully disruptive not based on opinion or popularity) or purposefully skirting the rules to get a reaction and thus lowering the quality of the board. You being a member of my staff are no different.

from here

http://www.trollkingdom.net/forum/showthread.php?t=127005

notice the part that says

Look, here's the deal: I reversed what Conchaga did to Charles and now Aquehonga is out of DC and I can safely say there will be no more admin button trolling. I am to blame for not taking a firm position after the Charles incident and making it clear to all that we are made and broken by our consistency even if it may be fun to change Luci's text pink and what-not. From this point forward there will be no more "admin abuse" and everyone will be treated equally and fairly no matter how obtuse they are and DC will be used only for serious breaches of the rules.

There. It's now policy.

I could have missed the memo, but I haven't heard where Mentalist has changed that policy.

And this is about the same exact thing happening again.

:bored:

mm

Donovan

beer, I want beer
There's no shortage of people who went back and forth with NAP. Nobody's calling him a helpless victim and dude went out swinging. I trolled the entire board once by reversing my stance and tryimg to make him popular just for the LOLZ before yanking the rug out. What I'm talking about is the desire to seek vengeance on someone for a years-old grudge by abusing powers not given to both parties. Bringing a gun to a fistfight basically. Blackfoot's been gone almost as long as you and whatever he once did is old news. You're TK's version of Dubya, retroactively adjusting history in order to justify a revenge-smiting.

Dirk Funk

Evil Penguin
I've been "Down with New Age Posting" on occasion. Hell, I even gave Chuckles his own sports forum for a while. He never went there. Its a real shame, because I had all sorts of fun planned out.... :D

OnyxOverdrive

stealth ninja
you're giving Blackfoot way too much credit. He's not some Flaglerchat-style internet supervillian, he's a moron in the real sense of the word, who has barely any grasp on basic grammar and spelling. Plus he's a fishmonger, not the 'gangsta' he makes himself out to be. Maybe he really did hire a private investigator, but I find that hard to believe

whisky

Boobie inspector
That awkward moment when Whisky says he made two posts about Tarrentino movies two days ago, one in the minefield, and one in the media centrer.

Guess which one has replies?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
To be fair, this board is a marathon, not a sprint.

Change here is an evolution, that is, unless the wrong person gets their hands on the CP. ;)

Donovan

beer, I want beer
That awkward moment when Whisky says he made two posts about Tarrentino movies two days ago, one in the minefield, and one in the media centrer.

Guess which one has replies?

What I said. Why force the Minefielders to post in a media/pop culture forum when clearly the Minefield IS the media and pop culture forum? Adjust the description slightly for n00bs and call it done. Kill the media forum or repurpose it. Take that orange shag carpet out first, it's so 70's...

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
We finally reached a nice settlement on this issue before the holidays, and now suddenly everyone's trying to rip it up.

No one is forcing anyone to post anywhere. Some people are trying to spark interest in the Media forum for members who may not live in the Mine Field. That's all. MFers can post where they want, non-MFers can post wherever they want. All is peace and love and hare krishna muhfuhkaz. Namaste.

Sarek

Vuhlkansu Wihs
Shouldn't one be able to arbitrarily blow up the Minefield at any given time for no particular reason? After all, it's called the "Minefield". And a Minefield is usually littered with unexploded ordinance that's subject to explosion with no warning. Hence the term "Minefield".

Sarek

Vuhlkansu Wihs
A better use might be to littler it with viruses and other nasty unfriendly to computers type junk and then make those that annoy us take a stroll through the topics.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Quick, get Doc Brown and fire up the Delorean! Sarek is stuck in 2003!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
That's just what the Men in Black want us to think.