That cat!

eloisel

Forever Empress E
It has been raining and storming for days. But, the long haired cat - Leo - an otherwise orange furball - insists on being outside. No big deal. The front porch is raised up a few steps and covered and the back patio is covered and there is a giant dog hatch in the back door. Leo can pretty much come and go as he pleases.

So, it has been storming and raining hard just about all day. I came home after work to change my shoes and Leo was not around. I figured he'd found another place to stay dry. Then, I went out to have dinner with kid and take a drive to the theater to see if it was slow enough to get in and see one of the new movies. The theater parking lot was packed so I went home. Leo was on the front porch - dry as a bone. Odd - considering it hasn't stopped raining and he'd have gotten pretty wet just crossing the yard. Not a problem, really. However, he is completely tangled up with stickers in just about every bit of his fur. He is a long hair cat and it is not easy getting those tangles out. I'd like to know where he found that mess to get into and then get back home without getting wet.

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
I once has a cat many years ago. I would leave the rear door cracked so he too could come and go as he pleased. Only problem, was that whenever he decided to come home, he'd bring home damn near every flea bitten alley cat he could find with him. Believe me, they'd have a party of a lifetime in the house when I wasn't there.

Because of this I was forced to keep the door locked, and only let him in and out when I was actually there!