Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That's it, I'm moving to California!

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
It's May fucking 17th, and it's still in the low 60's...low 50's when I wake up. And it's been fucking raining off and on the last couple of days, so I have to cut my grass every three days.

That's it, I'm moving to Southern California, where the weather is always nice and sunny, and the wetbacks cut your grass for $5 a week!

Now, where to move...:)

Or there's AZ. It's been in the low 100s, no humidity, but very little rain. Just cloudy for about 2 hours.
And the weather in CA is not always nice. AZ's is, if you want heat.

Hell no, I'd rather not live on the surface of the sun. Plus, there's nothin' to do in AZ. It's possibly the most boring non-Redneck state in the union!

Big Dick McGee said:
It's May fucking 17th, and it's still in the low 60's...low 50's when I wake up. And it's been fucking raining off and on the last couple of days, so I have to cut my grass every three days.

That's it, I'm moving to Southern California, where the weather is always nice and sunny, and the wetbacks cut your grass for $5 a week!

Now, where to move...:)

If that is true you are lucky fucks. We have no 'wetbacks' here. Just NIGGERS, CHINKS and PAKIS. Nothing else.

^^Nah, the only place I'm interested in moving is SoCal. I figure 18 months is enough time for the housing market to reach the bottom of the mini-bust. That way I can get a nice condo for like $350K-$400K. Gotta figure out the most liveable area of SoCal, though.

So Cal is fast becoming the most expensive place to live in the world.

Housing, food, gas have all doubled in the last 5 years. Traffic is a nightmare, and public schools suck, so you'll have to go private for your kids. Taxes are high and Democrats are in the State Legislature. Have been there for as long as I've been alive, and my mom says even longer than that.

Besides the lovely Laker_Girl, and playing pool with me once in a while, what's the draw? Are you sure you want to move here?

Caitriona said:
So Cal is fast becoming the most expensive place to live in the world.

Housing, food, gas have all doubled in the last 5 years. Traffic is a nightmare, and public schools suck, so you'll have to go private for your kids. Taxes are high and Democrats are in the State Legislature. Have been there for as long as I've been alive, and my mom says even longer than that.

Besides the lovely Laker_Girl, and playing pool with me once in a while, what's the draw? Are you sure you want to move here?

You and LG to hang out with; great weather year-round; San Diego an hour and a half one way; the mountains and snow skiing and hour the other; Catalina, wine country, the LA Dodgers; Four or five minor-league ballparks less than an hour away; Las Vegas a 3-hour drive; and did I mention LG and you to hang out with?

I'm not worried about the cost. If there's one thing I know how to do, it's make money. Plus, my wife speaks 3 languages fluently, including Spanish. We'll thrive in SoCal, as long we don't try to live in San Diego or parts of the O.C.

You know what's an hour and a half South of me? DELAWARE. You know what's an hour and a half North of me? NEWARK, NJ. *shudder*

Trenton is a bit farther than half an hour from Newark. ;)

I grew up in the same plush, whitebread suburb as former Enron CFO and current felon Andy Fastow - we went to high school together. Make of that what you will!

^^Yeah, California just sounds...better. I mean, it's bright and sunny here today, but it's still only in the low 60's!

Yup, I'm resolved to moving to the I.E. within 18 months. :)

^^Yeah, but it doesn't get that hot in SoCal. I mean, like mid-80's, 90's on a really hot day. And NO humidity. Here in the Mid-Atlantic states, we get the worst of it: ball-freezing cold for 8 months followed by one precious month of 70's and 80's followed by 3 months of the dreaded "HHH": Hazy, Hot, and Humid. We seriously have days where it's 95 degrees with 98% humidity...and it's not raining.

I had a friend visit me from California last August and they swore they'd never come back during the "soupy" months.