The Bachelor finale draws 15 million viewers

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Other than Chuck, I don't think it had much competition from the other networks. People are probably getting bored with Law and Order, and I think House was a rerun. But.. 15 million viewers is depressing for those of us who hope reality shows die.

Big Dick McGee

^^Yup, that's what I'm thinking. If you look at the chart that's in that article, The Bachelor scored 15 million viewers, and the "After the Rose" show drew 14.3M. CBS powehouse CSI: Miami drew 12.1 million, while Chuck and 24 drew 6.7M and 8.6M, respectively.

The only shows that beat The Bachelor? Two and a Half Men and The Big Bang Theory *shudder*.

I'm sure an episode of Chuck costs close to a million dollars to produce. How much can The Bachelor cost? A couple hundred grand?

Srsly, scripted shows on major networks will be dead in 10 years, max.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Everyone was talking about it at work this morning like it was of the utmost importance...I was all "wut"??

Big Dick McGee

It's gotta be a woman thing. Like all the fat housewives whose husbands don't diddle them anymore see a ripped, rich bachelor on the show, and like to fantasize that they'd be a much better choice than the hardbodied hoes they cast as his bachelorettes.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I don't have a husband to diddle me and I still hate that show.

I have never understood the popularity of "Two and a Half Men". I think I tried to watch it a couple times but it was so boring that I ended up changing the channel after a few minutes.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Big Bang is great, though. Even if the main thrust of the humour comes from making fun of people with mental disorders.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I've always meant to watch that, but since it's on right after Two and a half men I'm usually already watching something else so I miss it.