The CW greenlight live action "Wallace and Gromit"

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
The CW today announce a new original series based on the BBC hit Wallace and Gromit.

"We really identify with the Wallace and Gromit brand," said CW spokeshuman Alice Soulsuck. "We aim to bring it to our key demographic while still keeping the core of the property."

The new series will be live action rather than animated.

"We really feel that live action is the best way to bring this franchise to the most number of consumers," explained Soulsuck. "Also it's much faster!"

Other changes will see Wallace become a teenage boy and Gromit change from a dog to a teenage girl.

"Really Wallace and Gromit is about love and friendship and the characters don't have to be an old man and a dog for that to work," said Soulsuck. "They can be hot teenagers. Hot teenagers who hook up."

The frist two episodes will be adaptations of Wallace and Gromit classics.

'A Rad Day Out' - Wallace tells Gromit a story about building a spaceship and going to the moon to escape their crazy highschool life. They don't actually do it, of course. At the end they make out and then Wallace starts to take off Gromit's bra and we see a shot of the moon outside the window. It's symbolic.

'The Wrong Pants' - At a CRAZY PARTY at their friend "Penguin"'s house (he's called Penguin because he's short and guly!), Wallace accidently puts on the wrong pants after hooking up with Gromit...and finds PRICELESS JEWELS inside! But when Gromit throws the jewels in a lake after a fight about FEELINGS, can Wallace fish them out in time to avoid the wrath of their true owner...HIS OWN FATHER? Guest appearance by the cheapest Baldwin as Wallace's father.

Last edited:

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
What an insanely idiotic idea.

Basically, they want to create a sitcom about a guy (now girl) and his dog, but they are paying for a brand name to slap on it for instant recognition.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
This is an abomination, but pretty much what we've come to expect from the creatively bankrupt TV networks. However, I googled some pictures of the cast and can confirm that Gromit does still resemble a dog.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I hear Colm Meany's role is likely to be recast before the regular season starts.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
What next? Monkey Tennis? /headvoid

CaptainWacky

Wallace's wonderous inventions will all be iPhone apps.

CaptainWacky

Wensleydale cheese will be a slang term for street drugs.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Miss Wensleydale will be played by Ashley Tisdale.

CaptainWacky

It wouldn't have been as good as Riverdale anyway.