The Days when People were Proud to be Americans

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
Of course I agree. However it's the 'fallen into its hands' part I feel curious about.
Oh I hear you, loud and clear. Operation Overcast/Paperclip clearly showed that the, err, retrieval of Human Resources was a goal actively pursued during the war. How long do you suggest would the powers that were have planned that beforehand? As soon as shortly after WWI, or more along the line of early 30s?

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
The Japanese too. What with their silly centuries of conservation of resources and moronic hundreds of years of practicing longterm planning.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
Oh I hear you, loud and clear. Operation Overcast/Paperclip clearly showed that the, err, retrieval of Human Resources was a goal actively pursued during the war. How long do you suggest would the powers that were have planned that beforehand? As soon as shortly after WWI, or more along the line of early 30s?

I'd follow the line of the development of modern physics if I was looking for motive.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom

Despite his distortions, Hitler was pretty amazing with what he figured out. That sequencing was no accident, he understood Neuro-Linguistic Programming to the masses.

jack

You understand IBM was the brainchild of the Holocaust?

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
Germany is probably (along with France and England) going to survive the coming Eurocost.
True. Despite the Euro crisis German banks and big companies are realising profit as hell. We're big in the sense that we are the country with the most economic strength. France otoh has already lost the Triple A of the rating agencies, but they have consirable political power. We will "survive" both within the EU in it's present form and by ourselves if the EU breaks apart, I am certain of that.

jack

You folk are fucking smart. You'll survive.

This is good.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
I'd follow the line of the development of modern physics if I was looking for motive.
Oh the motive I see clearly. What interests me is - how early did they start to set things in motion in order to get the necessary scientists?

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
Oh the motive I see clearly. What interests me is - how early did they start to set things in motion in order to get the necessary scientists?

Powers that be don't usually waste much time weaponizing science. And vice versa.

However, I suspect the real reason things happened the way they did has frighteningly more to do with leaving the planet then WMD's.

Axis Powers and The Allies were looking for some strange things back in the day. And if you look at some of the residual development that came about as a direct result of these strange tangents (ie. ibm) + (using wild speculation as your guide), you get a very bizarre picture of what might actually have gone on. And what might still be going on with 70 yrs under it's belt.